In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ID part associated with 1915 Stevens 22 cal rifle

tatewelltatewell Member Posts: 4
as per 1915 Stevens 22 cal rifle! What the following item is & what it’s purpose is?; it was located in heel of rifle stock under butt plate; appears to be brass 2 13/16 long, tip is 3/4 long fits nicely into barrel, section behind 1/4 dia x 1.125 (I'm guessing another sized barrel and a multi tool for perhaps 25 barrels???) on tail end that base stock, plate, there 1/4 section with a rounded end (pull knob?) and a narrower 9/16 attaching 1/4 long pull knob section. I am guessing that the lead 25 cal section is threaded & screwed into the 22 cal section??? I am afraid to apply any pressure until I am sure it is a threaded connection. I have photos of this item. tel 507 217 7422 or email: tatewell@nutelecom.net Tate Stillwell, New Ulm, MN.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I'd like to help you but I have no clue what you are talking about.  Is this a single shot like a favorite or perhaps the Visible loader.  Its lots easier to post pictures here now, than before.  Youtube has vids of tearing down the single shot.

Added Nice pic.  I have never seen that part before.  Perhaps it is a plug (home made or a factory unit) for the muzzle to keep out those mud bees that like to build nests in holes.

Added 2 Got your private message, you're welcome.  Pip5255 had a idea about it being a "ferro rod" striker.  Or maybe a rock as hammer, and use it as a drift punch. 
    You must be trying to deal with rust.  I suggest you buy a can or 2 of Kroil and make like a plastic wallpaper tank to soak the rifle if you can get the wood parts off.  I wouldn't soak the wood in Kroil.  Strips of heavy fabric cut from an old pair of jeans, wrapped around the metal then flooded with Kroil.  Bastoil can be put on wood.  

So I didn't get all your msg the first time.  I see now you have it apart.   Hopefully someone will have a clue if it was a factory part.
  • Options
    1. item 25 Stevens model 1915 favorite, singl
  • Options
    1915 Stevens Favorite single shot, my model has a plunger on the ejector, I understand over the years there were 4 different ejectors, all non-interchangeable.   the 1/4 numbers on my original post were " (inaches), finally figured out how to post images.  The item pictured below is item 25 on the exploded view.  Thank you, Tate Stillwell

iginal post had the " (inch) symbol and must have been lost on the actual post
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    "The item pictured below is item 25"........................ah, "25 above is the stock bolt, nothing like your part
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    looks kinda like a striker
    just because you could doesn't mean you should