In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Court rules doctors can euthanize dementia patients

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
 A modern progressive society has finally given you a glimpse of the coming NWO policies.Take g-d out of the equation and insert science with cold hard facts!  B) Sign nothing and watch those needles. Better yet sacrifice yourself to be on the front lines in the cov 19 outbreaks to bring the economy back to life instead,while you still have time.
                                serf
       https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/dutch-supreme-court-rules-doctors-can-euthanize-dementia-patients-31228

The woman who resisted her euthanization had written an advanced directive four years prior, requesting the procedure in lieu of being put in a nursing home. In the directive, she had said she wished to “be able to decide while still in my senses and when I think the time is right.” 

Prosecutors argued that her attempt to fight off the doctor indicated that she could have changed her mind, but was unable to verbally communicate.  

Dr. Charles Camosy, a professor at Fordham University and bioethicist, told CNA that the supreme court decision is part of a legal “slippery slope” in the Netherlands on euthanasia. Camosy said that patients with conditions including mental deterioration will be at the heart of future debate.

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭
    yes yes I remember everything
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    This is different than what I thought it would be from the headline. If I had a loved one who had made the same provisions before succumbing to dementia I would hope those provisions were upheld. Advanced dementia can lead to a painful lingering death. It may be a kindness to allow the doctors to end the suffering. It was the patients choice not the doctors and they were just carrying out the patients wishes. As far as changing her mind, I doubt it. Dementia patients often become violent and can strike out at even the people who feed and bathe them. What would be more compassionate, allowing suffering by both the patient and family or have a painless peaceful end to life? Bob
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
     Well at least she signed before hand. More then that what a life in the womb has. But we know already it's much cheaper than living and having to support them with the state,parents and living children paying for the care. Oh if you can give a dementia patient a pill with no problems and then come to them a with a  needle and they fight there could be a problem about not changing their mind,don't you think? I wonder if the judge ask that question or even cared to. She was probably already dead any way.
                                                      serf
     “Like prenatal human beings, and human beings with massive brain injuries, human beings with late-stage dementia simply don’t ‘count,’ morally speaking, the same as human beings that have been determined to have the traits that make someone a person,” he said.