In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just out of curiosity (stir, stir)

BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in Politics
When someone uses the LOL or like feature at the bottom of your posts it is possible to see who those people are. If someone uses the disagree feature it is anonymous. Why is this? Communication is or at least should be a two way street. Someone can post questioning my ancestery, my intelligence, whether or not I kick small animals, and a myriad of other things. But a simple disagree is anonymous? Just curious as to what the reasoning is. I don't recall ever using this feature, preferring to tell someone in a post why I disagree. Bob

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited April 2020
    Members cannot see who favors or disfavors them, but the GB staff can.  I can also go to your profile and see the complete history of those who agree or disagree with you, or those who find you good for a laugh- and in many cases your are. The fact is that 90% of the features in this forum are senseless or useless, but it's what we're stuck with.
  • Options
    Fair enough Mark. Thanks for answering. But I can see who hits like and lol by tapping that feature on my posts. That would be favor in my opinion. Just thought if seeing who hit disagree was available it would make for a more honest discourse. Then again I guess it probably would make the moderators job harder having to put out the petty arguments that it might cause. Thanks, Bob
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭
    BobJudy said:
    Fair enough Mark. Thanks for answering. But I can see who hits like and lol by tapping that feature on my posts. That would be favor in my opinion. Just thought if seeing who hit disagree was available it would make for a more honest discourse. Then again I guess it probably would make the moderators job harder having to put out the petty arguments that it might cause. Thanks, Bob
    I disagree with this post - as a learning experience for you.

Can you see that I disagree?

If so, happy to help.

If not, please don't take it personally.

:)
  • Options
    BobJudy said:

If so, happy to help.

May the bluebird of happiness whiz in your wheaties. I mean that in the nicest way.😁 Bob
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭✭
    BobJudy said:
    BobJudy said:

If so, happy to help.

May the bluebird of happiness whiz in your wheaties. I mean that in the nicest way.😁 Bob
    I might have to rethink my previous post. 

I mean if I tell you I disagree, how will you know if I do - or don't?

Oh . . . and I prefer Raisin Bran - heavy on the milk - light on the whiz.