In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ECONOMIC PANDEMIC

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Just open up the schools and we will find out in The Fall? What  is the answer? Come on Glen Beck gives us an answer. Only a vaccine will abate this crisis and only then. Unless The virus just disappears.

serf

https://www.glennbeck.com/contributor/economic-pandemic-promoting-the-physical-health-of-a-nation-at-the-expense-of-the-psychological

What will be the consequences of intentionally shuttering the US economic engine? What should we prepare for? According to The St. Louis Federal Reserve there are 67 million American workers "at high risk of layoff." We could see the eventual loss of 47 million jobs and an unemployment rate of 32.1%.

"These are very large numbers by historical standards, but this is a rather unique shock that is unlike any other experienced by the U.S. economy in the last 100 years," said St. Louis Fed economist Miguel Faria-e-Castro.

Moving forward. We have to come to grips with the consequences of irreparable damage and destroyed lives. As summer brings the warmth and sun, experts predict this killer will retreat until the fall. If the virus does reappear, will we learn from this experience and strike an appropriate balance between the medically fragile and the economy? Or will we hit the Kill Switch and plunge the world into disastrous depression.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    time to STOP funding china for everything , stop their buy-up of AMERICA, stop educating their people to subvert our way of life....learn how to make SAFE gizmos, no killer filler .....
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    you aint seen nothing yet
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    I'm for pre-inoculating the inoculators with lead before they shoot me up.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm for pre-inoculating the inoculators with lead before they shoot me up.
          It will be mandatory or an encampment FEMA course for you. Why do you think they will be going cashless. There are laws already on the books because of the measles insurgent with illegals coming in. Freedom of travel and asymptomatic patients is another reason why they will insist all the herd must be inoculated, Invisible U.V. tattoo will be used to identify.

serf

• Options
    DaveH196803DaveH196803 Member Posts: 41
    Economic pandemic indeed. I've been reading about what's going on with our food production. Market ready livestock are soon going to be put down rather than sold because of an inability to sell and process them. 
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited April 2020
    Serf, I've said it before and I'm not ashamed to say it again: everything you predicted about the economic impact was correct. I didn't want to believe it, and I still can't believe it, but it played out pretty much as you said it would. I still don't agree with a lot of what you have to say, but I read it all very carefully and I'm no longer inclined to dismiss it out of hand.. 
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    us55840 said:
    I have confidence the Chinese virus was unleashed upon the world by the chinese on purpose so they could enhance their economic and therefore control of the world.
    Some say a wild theory ......... we will see. 
    Russian collusion?   NOPE
    Impeachment?  NOPE
    Hello chinaman?   Can you help us out here?  
    Because the d-rat traitors fellow commie chinaman never killed 20 -40 million of their own  for their commie rat agenda before.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mao_Zedong

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭
    The virus is already going away. The best sign is that all the liberal government types are patting themselves on the back and claiming that hand washing, masks, and social distancing are saving us all. Technologies available to the cave men.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭
    We are destroying the essence of this country to protect a small number of individuals.
    Yes, every individual is important, but you cannot destroy a virus by 'flattening the curve'.  
    We can either continue to destroy this country until there is a vaccine that may never come, or we can open up and let people decide for the themselves how much risk they wish to take.  It is troubling when Governors and Mayors assume the role of parents and scold individuals for engaging in normal behaviors.  It is more troubling when individuals are forcibly removed from public and placed into jail because they are not 'obeying'.  Our world has gone totally insane when drug sellers are being released from prison to is make room for people who only want to go for a swim at the beach.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    seems like a perfect time to respond to china...whether CV was deliberate or not it would make more sense to $$$$ help all the business that went there to get going back in the USA.....we cannot send them a nuke for this but we can damn sure do the economic drain on them like they are doing on us.....idea of giving everybody and illegals in AMERICA a shot of cash is a stupid waste simply pandering for votes with no thought of what it adds to the debt...and the difficulties of repayment