In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

USNS COMFORT

spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
to leave NYC and return to Virginia by the end of the month .....so things are that good in town maybe cuomo will   STFUP......or do you think he will keep on campaigning

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    Who cares what POS Cuomo has to blabber.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,785 ✭✭✭✭
    Earlier he stated he "needed" 20 of the ships. I believe he has more hot air than a balloon glow. He is definitely on the dimrat table come convention time.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,512 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    It is a good thing that 20 ships were not needed.  It is a good thing that USNS Comfort itself is not longer needed.  Cuomo over-reacted, but it is possible that his over-reaction saved a few lives.  His heart is probably in the right place, even if he has let himself be lead by emotion rather than fact.
    Virtually none of the predictions have come to pass, and states are reporting probables as part of their Covid-19 deaths count.  The more deaths that can be attributed to this virus, the more money the states stand to receive from the Federal Government, and while I hope the numbers are not being significantly altered, it is as equally probable they are as it is probable that the number of people who have been recorded as dying of Covid-19 actually did.

The CDC National Vital Statistics System is reporting 27,674 Covid-19 deaths as of 27 April, with an additional 12,398 who have died of pneumonia with the Covid-19 virus in their system.  The total of Covid-19 and pneumonia with Covid-19 in the system is thus 40,072 as of 27 April, as compared to the generally reported and accepted 56,000+ Covid-19 deaths.  There is a time lag to some extend with the NVSS data, so the truth is probably somewhere between the 27,674 and the 56,000.

It is becoming clear to all who view this with an open mind that the shut down of our economy was a gross over-reaction, and while it probably had some affect, it was/is probably fairly minimal.  We Baby Boomers, because we pretty much hold the reigns of power and are most at risk because of this virus, have asked the younger generations to sacrifice probably a year of their economic lives because we are afraid of a virus.  A virus that is shaping up to be less deadly than the flu for those younger people, and for older people who have taken a little bit of care to remain healthy.
    Cuomo just a reflection of us; a generation that will go down in history as the most self-centered and selfish that the United States has ever seen.
    If you are at risk, take precautions, but do not ask the 99+% of Americans who have little risk of this thing to sacrifice their today and tomorrows because you personally are afraid this thing.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,785 ✭✭✭✭
      Well stated and true in most aspects. I believe he wanted to blow it up and make him look like what "he" did saved "millions" of lives. I don't buy it, never did and never will. 
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭
    I'm from upstate New York on the Vermont border, and I'd rather chew aluminum foil and shave my head with a cheese grater then listen to Andy speak...but alas.....the sweaty masses of NYC steer the State of New York.
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Another upstater here. Someday I hope to look in my rear view mirrow and see the sign that says "I love NY" for the last time as I cross the Delaware headed south. I tired of his "Fireside Chats" long ago. King Cuomo is a Tyrant and he tramples on the Rule of Law.