In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pelosi Pitches Universal Basic Income To Cope With Pandemic

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
Here's another sign the deep state is looking to compromise The Constitution  and Bill of Rights.Who is going to pay for all these Marxist giveaways? We allowed in millions of illegals and now we must support them? Enough is enough! Communism is coming .
                                    serf
"Let’s see what works, what is operational and what needs attention," said Pelosi during a Monday interview with MSNBC, adding "Others have suggested a minimum income, a guaranteed income for people. Is that worthy of attention now? Perhaps so.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    another insane idea from her eating to much rich ice cream.....ya gotta read whats in the bill after it is passed to understand. ...who earns the taxes to pay all the dead wood to sit and watch free TV while eating ice cream ??
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    And there's a new phone app to keep track of infected folks and warn anyone near them with a phone. This is looking worse every day.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    Well you know what they say about Communism; You can vote it in but it has to be shot out.  The demonrats have driven gun sales for years and lots of them have been to first time buyer's.  When the second American "Revelation" hits  it will make all those -stain 3rd world crapholes look like child's play.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,488 ✭✭✭✭
    She wants to make sure as many people as possible are not working come election day.
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Ho! Ho! Ho! Santa Claus is coming to town in D.C. again! I want my money and I want it Now!
                                   serf

Universal basic income https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/28/will-there-be-another-stimulus-check-how-congress-may-send-more-money.html

Pelosi’s comments come on the heels of proposals from House Democrats to boost Americans’ income by $2,000 per month until employment returns to normal.

Reps. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, and Ro Khanna, D-Calif., put forward that proposal earlier this month. Their bill calls for monthly payments for at least six months of at least $2,000 for adults 16 and over making less than $130,000 per year. Married couples earning less than $260,000 would receive at least $4,000 per month.

“A one-time $1,200 check isn’t going to cut it,” Rep. Khanna said in a statement. “Americans need sustained cash infusions for the duration of this crisis in order to come out on the other side alive, healthy and ready to get back to work.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX0fIi3H-es

• Options
    absolutely STOOOPID statements... i have a large amount of cash on hand.....and it will not give me any better health or make me raring to go.....where do these blockheads come from
  • Options
    and i keep it safe in banks....
  • Options
    how about married couples getting less than $20K get $4K per month and the $260K couples pay it.....sounds just as stupid ..how about those that NEVER made an effort  to earn anything other than welfare also get a new car....and a paid vacation  to someplace nice......but not on a cruise line.........
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Pelosi said that a guaranteed minimum monthly income plan that would apply to non-citizens with tax ID numbers should be considered during the pandemic.

Another Bleeding heart liberal
    Sen Gillibrand
    Sen. Gillibrand
    Michael Brochstein
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    us55840 said:
    IT's known as "VOTE PANDERING" aka simply another Democrat ploy to garner votes for the Dems.
     >:) 
    Thats exactly what it is: DEMOCRAT dogma.
    DEMOCRAT party is fully committed to destroying our nation as founded along with its constitution.
  • Options
    i PROPOSE a universal income program....principle #1 is every body participates by holding a JOB.....#2 they are paid by their skill level with the option to always move up by educating themselves.....#3 those truly and proven to have mental or physical or age handicaps  will receive some financial assistance with  REGULAR reviews of their status...those that are not interested in holding a job will have to learn to eat a lot less....
  • Options
    i PROPOSE a universal income program....principle #1 is every body participates by holding a JOB.....#2 they are paid by their skill level with the option to always move up by educating themselves.....#3 those truly and proven to have mental or physical or age handicaps  will receive some financial assistance with  REGULAR reviews of their status...those that are not interested in holding a job will have to learn to eat a lot less....

Nope It not what the democrats want! Free money for all. It's better than aliens landing On the White House lawn! ;) Bearing free gifts.
                                               serf

Moreover, the Green New Deal — a wish list for the far left — contains a UBI to provide “economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to work.” Yes, the architects of the Green New Deal want the U.S. government to pay Americans, even if they just don’t want to work.

• Options
    then  require all the democraps who propose all these freebies for the non productive to pool their fortunes they have acquired since getting elected and pay their proposal out of their own pockets........
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    us55840 said:
    Democrat platform adds:
    1.  Free education including college.
    2.  Free health care for all.
    3.  Free monthly income.
    4.  Confiscation of all civilian owned firearms
    Along with the current list of free benefits list cell phones w/service, housing, utilities, monthly checks, mental help, and more so everyone is dependent on the government for everything........without working.
    A perfect program to totally destroy any incentive, leading to the destruction of America.
     >:) 
    All while the rats swindle billions from our government and live large like Stalin Hitler and other power mad dictators.
    The ruling elite want POWER POSITION and MONEY while the public gets tax raped by these traitorous rats to float their royal lifestyle.