In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How are the SIG P938 ???

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,163 ******
Any issues,problems??   Wife might just need a new gun.  ;)

Comments

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

Makaila has the sig nightmare triple black tactical edition from Davidson's or one of the other distributors...

When it arrived we tore it down and cleaned and oiled it per specs and put 100 rounds through it with no issues.

Tore it apart and cleaned and inspected and oiled again.

Put 250 rounds through it and repeated the cleaning and inspection procedures...

One type of truncated jacketed flat nose would not feed right but FMJ and JHP from several firms worked fine.

The rear sight became loose and was removed and inspected and cleaned and returned and tightened.

We did not use steel case ammo or lead bullets.

Shoots well and cycles fine and no wear or tear noticed yet.

One Mag does not drop out freely - we will use it more to see if it breaks in or just won't work right.

Mike

• Options
    Thanks Mike.  :):) 
    Her current carry gun is the P238 
    She also has; SP 101, LCR, LCP, that she's used as carry, but goes back to the  238.  We both think the 938 would be nice to have. 
  • Options

An upgrade from the tanfoglio .380 and the PPK in my estimation.

The Italian clone runs fine unless you overspeed things and get a stovepipe - the ppk has never quite run reliably and is picky with ammo and only copper FMJ ball could be counted on - and swapping out mags takes longer then is optimum.

And yes with a standard Mag and short frame it's not a high cap pistol but the sig reloads quick and 99% of the time if what's in the gun won't get the job done you have likely made a serious error in judgment and having a drum Mag will not bail you out.

Like many things it's a compromise of features for near full size EDC CCW semiautomatic pistols - and reliability was first followed by fit and comfort for the shooter.

Some reviews don't like it.

Mike

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭✭
    I have both the 238 and 938.  I like the 938 in an Uncle Mike’s holster because I can carry it very comfortably in even lighter weigh pants especially in the summer.  I have only put FMJ through it and have had no problems.
  • Options
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    I have two and like em both right well, never had any issues.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Thanks mogley98
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Joe we sold a bunch of them and I can only remember sending one back to Sig with I think extractor issues. We ran them as rentals and I even bought one myself. Most are very accurate by the way. I could put bullets almost through the same hole at 7 yards. BUY IT!! OH by the way there are some gorgeous after market grips for those guns. Google it.
  • Options
  • Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

I’d also take a look at the Sig 365.

Wife likes that one, fits her hand well, she shoots it well and the slide is easy to rack. Physically small and has a 10 round mag. They have models with and without a manual safety, so it’s your choice of what she is comfortable using, as she may already toggle back and forth safety wise in the LCR/LCP.

• Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    My personnel choice of carry weapon > The Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator !

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭
    Worth handling one to see if she likes it. 9mm in a small package with reasonable recoil and enough rounds for most situations. I have one for daily carry (6 round mag) that is more accurate than I am. Another got a Sig laser and extended mag - lives in my nightstand. Several thousand rounds without a failure in either. Not the cheapest option, but I'm completely satisfied.
  • Options

Yes in addition to the standard 6+1 flush fit short magazine we bought the 7+1 Mag with the plastic finger base - and there are extended magazines that can be used.

I have done crimson trace grips and it's just not my thing - just does not do things for me as far as shooting goes but the tech does have its place and fans - and does have the wow factor.

But no laser pointer for the Sig as far as we are concerned.

Only change I made was adding a trigger shoe - witch comes on and off as needed so no harm no foul.

+1000 on the aftermarket boutique bespoke custom grips of every type and price...

No mammoth ivory or mastodon tusk or narwhal horn or unicorn horn or emu beak or meteorite or carbon fiber or hello kitty or big foot hair or baby albino pygmy hippo tooth or rhino horn or hummingbird feather or wood salvaged from a Stradivarius violin or element 115 grip panels...

The gun was purchased to have a EDC CCW compact semiautomatic pistol in 9mm that would work in a custom leather purse with a hidden CCW compartment and a small single strap shoulder pack with a hidden CCW compartment...

That would make a good vehicle CCW piece - and could be carried in the small of the back (not likely)...

One that could handle rapid spare magazine swaps and one that fit a petite woman's smaller hands...

Reliability - functionality - were major factors and I think the Sig will prove to be close to bullet proof if cared for and fed and handled right - nothing's perfect but they appear to be very reliable.

Accuracy and acceptability for fun range day use or longer distance target shooting or tennis ball and bowling pin play was considered.

Weight loaded was a factor.

I like it - I could use it myself - but its not "my" gun and was not picked to be an optimum fit for me.

I called in a favor and got the dealers cost straight from the distributors promotional flier plus shipping and tax insiders friends and family price so I cannot complain about the cost.

Makaila has bought some SIG apparel now - a hooded sweatshirt and long sleeve T-shirt and a subdued baseball cap and has a nice small square soft case with heavy duty carrying strap handles and the SIG logo embroidered in yellow against the black background.

She is not a revolver fan except for liking the mateba wheelgun design.

It's hers and it's new and it's as reliable as one can ask for and tailored to fit and suit her.

Mike

• Options