In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Why Illinois Is Broke: 109,881 Public Employees With $100,000+

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
They are waiting for Biden and The Democrats to bail them out with all that funny money the federal reserve is issuing soon with more debt! no problem!
                                     serf
     https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/why-illinois-broke-109881-public-employees-100000-paychecks-cost-taxpayers-14b
  • Retired Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley (D) double dipped the pension system for nearly $232,000. Daley made $149,009 per year in state lawmaker pension payouts after a short eight-year career as a state senator plus another $83,784 per year in city pension payouts for his 22 years as the mayor of Chicago.
  • Three of the highest earners within the municipal pension system work for private associations – not government. Peter Murphy, executive director of Illinois Association of Park Districts, made $359,287, while Brett Davis, executive director of the Park District Risk Management Agency, brought in $331,817. Brad Cole of the Illinois Municipal League pulled down $313,997. These private nonprofits muscled their way into the government system.
  • Former Illinois Governor Jim Edgar (R) double dipped pension systems: General Assembly pension ($175,951 per year) and University Retirement System pension ($85,140). After “retiring” from the University of Illinois, he was hired back part time for another $62,769. Last year, Edgar’s total payout from all sources was $323,860.

We estimate that Edgar earned $2.4 million in compensation from the University of Illinois (2000-2013) and another $2 million in pension payments already paid-out from his 20-year career as legislator, secretary of state and governor.

Comments

• Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    That’s just not in Illinois, most states are the same way. If you work in Corrections it’s easy to make over 100,000 a year, they’ll call you for overtime everyday for another shift and both relief days on your own shift.
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    Now you see why I don't want the feds to bail out the states pension plans. Nothing but corruption and incompetence. In the case of legislators who vote for their own salaries and pension plans how do you think they vote? In the case of public employees, who do you think they vote for? They made their problems, let them solve them on their own. If we bail them out what is the incentive to not continue with their current practices causing them to be back in the same financial hole again. Bob
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    DEMOCRATs and Unions. 
    Well known on websites that cover taxation IE  taxfoundation.org. Illinois is taxing the crap out of their constituents to pay for it. Illinois will merely raise taxes instead of going bankrupt. 
    Illinois taxpayers dont seem to mind at all, based on how they vote they aren't being taxed enough.  
  • Options
    Rdm2370Rdm2370 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2020

Unlike almost all the republican states Illinois, New York, and California give more to the federal pot than they take out. I guess Welfare is ok for Kentucky and the other red states that suck off the federal tit. You should be thanking Illinois New York and California for your roads and bridges and schools. They’ve been bailing you out for the last 50 years And yes I am a gun owner and an Independant. Now leaning democrat after the last 3.3 years of this president. I know a con man when I see one.

• Options
    Rdm2370 said:

Unlike almost all the republican states Illinois, New York, and California give more to the federal pot than they take out. I guess Welfare is ok for Kentucky and the other red states that suck off the federal tit. You should be thanking Illinois New York and California for your roads and bridges and schools. They’ve been bailing you out for the last 50 years And yes I am a gun owner and an Independant. Now leaning democrat after the last 3.3 years of this president. I know a con man when I see one.

Oh I see you are going to fit right in here. Perhaps you should consider that the states don't give the fed anything. The taxpayers do and since most blue states are heavily populated they have more taxpayers. Some of those states are losing tax base because of people and businesses fleeing the absurdly high state tax rates. If they have high tax rates and a lot of taxpayers, why are they bankrupt?
    As far as our current president is concerned, I have stated that he is not one of my favorites. But if you compare him to the presumptive democrat candidate who has been an ineffectual politician his entire life, is senile, a crook and probably guilty of sexual assault, then Trump doesn't look too bad. If the best the democrats can do are Joe, Nancy, Chuck, Adam and the squad then we are all in trouble. Thank goodness Joe is hiding in his bunker or he would be firing his double barrel off his back porch to scare imaginary bad guys away. Bob
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    Rdm2370 said:

I'll just LMFAO at this. 
    Kiss your firearms good bye when you pull IT for crooked joe the chinaman salad tosser.  
    (2) Biden stands up for China - YouTube
    How long crooked joe been swindling the country?
    https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/how-five-members-of-joe-bidens-family-got-rich-through-his-connections/

I have tons more truth on the d-rats.  
    BTW   Those R states you cite - Their #1 taxpayer money suckers are the demonRAT ruined cities and areas of those states.  We ALL know what demonrat leadership does for a city.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/1/how-democrats-destroyed-baltimore-and-other-americ/
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    Rdm2370 said:

What does that have to do with being broke?
    Also, do your homework. CA has more people on welfare than any other state.

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
     Time for a third party after the crash and a revolution that is coming or maybe just a dictator like in Iran with a supreme leader making all the final decisions for us.  Banned The Federal Reserve, hell they are running this disaster right now anyway.

serf

• Options
    serf said:
     Time for a third party after the crash and a revolution that is coming or maybe just a dictator like in Iran with a supreme leader making all the final decisions for us.  Banned The Federal Reserve, hell they are running this disaster right now anyway.

serf

Sometimes I think a third party would fix a lot of problems. Unfortunately I think the likelihood of ever seeing it happen is remote. There are to many self interested voters to ever make a third party viable. The two parties we have now are doing their best to cater to the whims of their voters and this stifles any third party making any serious headway. I would be for abolishing the two parties we have now and forcing every politician to identify as an independent. Get rid of PACs and special interest campaign funding. Enforce their oath to abide by the constitution or be banned from office. If this were to happen perhaps they would concentrate on getting things done instead of marching in lockstep with their party. If all they have to run on is their record and not relying on their party to get reelected then maybe some common sense work could be accomplished for the whole country, not just one side or the other. As it is now the best a third party can do is be a spoiler by siphoning off a few votes and both the major parties do their best to prevent that from happening. Bob