In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1A mags

timbrsmithtimbrsmith Member Posts: 3
Happy to admit I'm an enthusiastic gun owner and sad to say a Californian. Living in Cal. , is it legal for me to buy a M1A mag on Gun Broker as long as it's a 10 round mag and can it ship direct to my home? And, any input as to the best aftermarket mags or is Springfield the only way to go. 
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    It is legal to purchase a 10 round magazine and have it shipped to your home. That will change on 01 July, 2023 when AB-2382 Firearms: firearm precursor parts takes effect. 

Section 16531 is added to the Penal Code, to read:

(a) As used in this part, commencing July 1, 2023, “firearm precursor part” means a component of a firearm that is generally necessary to build or assemble a firearm and is included in one of the following categories:
    (1) A firearm barrel.
    (2) An ammunition feeding device, including, but not limited to, a magazine or speed loader.
    (3) An unfinished receiver, including both a single part receiver and a multiple part receiver, such as a receiver in an AR-10- or AR-15-style firearm. An unfinished receiver includes a receiver tube, a molded or shaped polymer frame or receiver, a metallic casting, a metallic forging, and a receiver flat, such as a Kalashnikov-style weapons system, Kalashnikov-style receiver channel, or a Browning-style receiver side plate.
    (4) A finished upper receiver for a multiple part receiver system such as an AR-10- and AR-15-style firearm.
    (5) An unfinished handgun frame.
    (6) A finished slide to be used to enclose a handgun barrel.
    (7) A trigger pack or fire control group for a Heckler and Koch- or FN FAL-style firearm.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    Any 10 rd mag will be aftermarket, so you need to be careful.  Avoid any Chicom mags.  Be sure that the mag retaining plate on the spine of the plate is WELDED to the mag; stamped bosses on the spine will fail.
    Neal
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭
    checkmate makes them for springfield