In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

half breed blades

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
Any one have experience with this brand that would care to share it here, with me, and the group please feel free.  Thanks in advance.

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    The look nice, but seem to be pricey for a Taiwan manufactured knife.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    Chineee knives!
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Look a bit Ramboesque to me. There are some good quality knives coming from china.
  • Options
    Where are you guys getting Taiwan and Chinese??  These are made in Australia.  Some materials sourced from Japan, tho.
    https://www.halfbreedblades.com.au/about-us

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Ok so I found this. I wouldn't say it means they are made in Taiwan. Some of the processing is Taiwanese, I guess.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Look a bit Ramboesque to me. There are some good quality knives coming from china.
    Some of our biggest domestic knife makers outsource some models to China. I don't care whos name is on it if it is made in China I don't buy it. I have seen Buck, Cold Steel, Benchmade, Kershaw, Gerber and others stamped China. I hope they choke on those models. I get a grin out of the Knife show on T.V. Where you can get a couple of dozen tactical looking Chinese made knives for a couple of bucks apiece. Then at the next gun show I see the same knives going for 20 bucks to the gullible rubes. Spend a couple of extra bucks, keep the money here, get a good warranty, and get better materials and you will have a lifetime knife and not a disposable one. Bob
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    Ok so I found this. I wouldn't say it means they are made in Taiwan. Some of the processing is Taiwanese, I guess.

Nowhere does it say “made” in Australia.  That’d be the task between “developed” and “hand-finished.”

but - they look kinda cool.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options

Nowhere does it say “made” in Australia.  That’d be the task between “developed” and “hand-finished.”

but - they look kinda cool.

Right. Designed, developed, hand finished, quality control checked. Nothing to do with making something at all.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭✭
    After all my anti China rhetoric in my rep!y above, while I would prefer an American made knife, these don't look bad at all. I don't think of Taiwan as China since they have been separated from the commies since Mao came into power. If their steel is good and the design and finishing meets your criteria then I say go for it. Bob
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭

I for one wouldn't think twice about buying a product with that pedigree.

I will go a step farther and say it laughable these guys wouldn’t buy a knife from Taiwan when Taiwan spends billions on American Defense technology.

Taiwan creates more skilled American jobs than the knife case in Bass Pro ever will.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    I own a couple of Chinese blades that are good quality.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    $400 for a hatchet - yea ok if the GUBERNMENT sends my next check for 1.2 million.
    https://www.halfbreedblades.com.au/shop/axes/cra-01-compact-rescue-axe

I will say some of the designs look interesting, but I actually need to hold things in my hand to see how they fit and practical they actually are in design for real use.  Big difference to me between fantasy wall hanging display units and a real working tool.
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭
    They appear to be well made and robust.  I like big knives.  I usually use a small knife.  But I have learned that sometimes a big knife is required in the field.  Solution; carry both.
  • Options
    The ratio of folks with experience with these knives to those that don't produces a very small number.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Taiwan and China are separate entities......one is our ally and the other is not.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

The only one that would slightly interest me is the one on the left. Not a big fan of blood grooves.