In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Are you gonna

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
take the vaccine if the nice government folks come up with one?? Will we have a choice??

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Sure. I don't have the same vaccine phobia that a lot of the posters on here do. With my somewhat compromised immune system it may be the only way to get back to a normal lifestyle. Bob
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,385 ******
    I think I will wait for a year or so after it comes out until all the guinea pigs either start dropping like flies or not.   I keep reading about some very far right wing religious stuff that claims the vaccines will include people tracking technology.  Going into end time Biblical prophesy. :o     
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,201 ✭✭✭✭
    By the time they come up with a vaccine for this particular strain of virus, it will no longer be needed because this strain will have mutated or died out.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,385 ******
    Vaccines for virus's are about as effective as placebos IMHO.  The common cold has never even been considered for a vaccine and if it ever gets made it will be strictly a financial snake oil sell job.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,201 ✭✭✭✭
    That's my point, BW. No matter how many colds you have ever had, you have never had the same one twice. It is ALWAYS a new strain of virus.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Brookwood said:
    Vaccines for virus's are about as effective as placebos IMHO.  The common cold has never even been considered for a vaccine and if it ever gets made it will be strictly a financial snake oil sell job.
    Yup,  I guess that is why you see so many cases of polio and smallpox today.... Or maybe not. Bob
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    BobJudy said:
    Brookwood said:
    Yup,  I guess that is why you see so many cases of polio and smallpox today.... Or maybe not. Bob
    That's what I like to tell people when they go on about vaccine conspiracy and uselessness.  Yep, because smallpox and polio decided to just give us a break.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭
     My wife is MANDATED to take the flu shot and she gets it (flu) every year. I haven't taken one since leaving the medical field and never got the flu. 
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    yes....in a health care field I will be forced to.
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Never had a flu shot in 66 trips around the sun, many years ago, 50 at least, would get the flu, never had it since. May get sick with it any time, who knows. Wife had one this season, they called it the super flu shot, several strains in one or so they said.
    Just what if you were required to have the shot and wear a ID of some sort before going out in public? Hummm.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭

With my health problems , yes I would do the vaccine . After a few months to see how it works . My wife is adamantly against it . Go figure .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    Shot for her or shot for you?
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    Best way to get everyone trying  to knock the doors down to take the shot is to tell them that only a limited amount of the vaccine will be available and that only the most important people will be eligible to receive it. 
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭
    I have never had a flu shot and I don't plan on starting now.  I have had the flu once or twice in the last 20 years.  Most people I know who get their flu shot every fall seem to get the flu every couple of years.  
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭
    Shot for me , she doesn't trust the vaccines . Took the flu shot one year and got a reaction to it . Refuses the vaccine now
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    Maybe you have a big insurance policy she can collect it the "shot" backfires. Grins
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    Not interested. Waiting to see in a couple of yrs. the attorney commercials... did you get cancer or have blackouts from the covid19 vaccine ??  Get your huge settlement now before you die..