In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

State has right to 'plunge a needle into your arm'

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
Here is another debate if you can make your own health decisions.Public schools may require it but Adults is another question.
                                 serf
     "Let me put it very clearly, you have no constitutional right to endanger the public and spread the disease, even if you disagree. You have no right not to be vaccinated, you have no right not to wear a mask, you have no right to open up your business," he said.
Harvard Law School emeritus professor Alan Dershowitz claimed in an interview that the government has a constitutional right under the 10th Amendment to forcibly vaccinate a citizen to curb the spread of a contagious disease.

Comments

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭
    The 10th Amendment is a liberty positive amendment limiting the powers of the Federal Government.  The citizens of each state have the power to dictate to the government of that state via the ballot box whether vaccination policy is a power reserved to the States or to the people.

There are those that argue the annual flu vaccine should be mandatory, but to my knowledge there is not a single state that mandates it.   I would think that mandating a Covid-19 vaccine would result in a number of governor mansions and state houses changing occupants.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    you hold me down you better kill me   I"ll be back
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    if/when it is mandated the first one it makes sick/severly ill will sue for a fortune...........
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭
    haven't made a vac to cure the flu or the common cold what makes you think they will come with this
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    When I was serving Uncle Sam seems I remember a number of people receiving Article 15s, CMs, and other than honorable discharges for refusing vaccines and shots.  Bottom line is you were out and would lose most of your benefits.
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    another over winded "expert" ..seems odd for a civil libertarian
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭
    chiefr said:
    When I was serving Uncle Sam seems I remember a number of people receiving Article 15s, CMs, and other than honorable discharges for refusing vaccines and shots.  Bottom line is you were out and would lose most of your benefits.
    The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) is a little bit different than the United States Constitution.

;)