In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just how many industrial shelves is a housewife supposed to need for her hobby????

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,685 ✭✭✭✭
I just got back from Home Depot a bit ago.    I have two large shelves in my gun room and a few smaller ones that are placed here and there, wherever they would fit when we started moving things around.    I have some large numbers expected to come in over the next few weeks.....so I thought I'd go ahead and rearrange things so I could get more of the larger shelves in there.     I had a third one that I put in our washroom because I wanted to leave the ammo and heavy things downstairs.....but Larry filled those shelves up with his tools and such almost instantly, so I just called that one a loss.

So, tomorrow my son in law is coming over to put these things together for me.    I picked up one large one and two of the smaller ones.      Altogether this will make the NINTH shelving unit I have bought for this hobby of mine.   

We put cardboard down on the shelves and then cover them with green felt like carpet to protect the guns that are put on them.    I was surprised I could get these things in my Highlander.   For a minute, I thought I was going to have to borrow Larry's truck.

The original plan was to run to Sam's because they are $20 cheaper there....but they had a line out the door where people were waiting to go in.       I wasn't in the mood to wait, so I drove on over to Home Depot....what a mess of people running all over that place!    Almost no masks on anyone too.     I wore mine, but I felt silly once I saw how many people weren't wearing one.   
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments