In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ups is worse than cable people.

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
I was looking over who might be dropping off my charging handle and it's the ups. While I was looking over when I should expect them Friday and at what time "before" 9:00 P.M. What kind a crap is that? They can't find my door with GPS and they're gonna try at night? I might as well start the claim now.

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Been waiting all day for FedEx to drop off a package. Tracking says it will be here today but at 6:30 PM I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I know the carriers are busy with all the online ordering but don't give the notice to expect it today and then not show up. Judy sent a package to a friend in Ft. Wayne 2 weeks ago and the post office said it has been in Indianapolis for the last 11 days. We are at the mercy of the delivery gods and they seem to be frowning on us big time.😞 Bob
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    UPS in this neck of the woods is top dog, as 84 says "best ever"
    Now FEDEX, that is another story.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,389 ***** Forums Admin
    The UPS guy was still out here 12 miles from town at 7:45 one night last week. They're more than swamped.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Some of the UPS guys make 200+ deliveries a day.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    buddyb said:
    Some of the UPS guys make 200+ deliveries a day.
    My mail route back when was 556 stops .

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    UPS provides excellent service to me.  If it is raining they will leave packages on the covered well house or put them on the back of my Honda Pioneer 500, parked in the garage.  The mail lady will do the same for me making sure my packages are delivered and protected from inclement weather.  I take my hat off to UPS drivers, they have a tough job and do it very well in spite of the circumstances and distances driven out here in the country side.
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭
    The mail route people do not jump in and out of the truck every delivery
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭✭
    I am very happy with UPS.  
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    I get great service from UPS.  I am way, way out in the country in the mountains.  I follow my packages on UPS tracking so that I know what day it will arrive.
    These days, they allow you to track your UPS truck on the map, following the GPS in the UPS truck, so that you can see exactly where your truck is up to the minute.   UPS always delivers when they say they will.

I will say that UPS is probably the top truck driving job in America, certainly for their over the road guys.   Most or all of them are in the Teamsters Union and their over the road guys make upwards of $95K.   Their local delivery guys are mostly all in the union and are also very well paid.

Go hang around a truck stop for about 10 minutes you will see all kinds of goofball drivers.  You will see drivers who are 80 pound overweight fat slobs.  You will see black drivers with their dread locks piled a foot high on top of their head.  You will see a guy with tattoos all over his arms and hands.  You will see drivers that are 70 years old.
    But you won't see these Diesel Dogs wearing that brown uniform.  You need to be young, in good shape, and look presentable to get a job with UPS.  UPS hires the elite of the industry.

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭
    buddyb said:
    The mail route people do not jump in and out of the truck every delivery
    We jump in & out if the package is to big for the box. And I've seen many UPS guys throw the package from the truck to the driveway.We all did our jobs, but 200 packages is standard for Christmas & now the volume is just as heavy 

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking about charging a flat $2000.00 shipping fee and delivering everything personally.  :)
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,385 ******
    As Allen mentioned above, all the UPS drivers you see are young and healthy.  Here there is a gal that delivers and boy o boy, she is young & HEALTHY in all the right places!!    

UPS should put out a calendar highlighting the gals from UPS!  It would put the Kardashians out of business!  :p  
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    This thread made me lol. I JUST signed up for the "Follow My Delivery" thing on UPS.com, and so far.......my package hasn't MOVED in three hours!

Just sitting in one place, about two blocks from my house.........something is broken.
    Not impressed so far.

My UPS guy is GREAT though.
    Merc

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Judy had to run a couple of errands after lunch and saw 3 FedEx trucks within a mile of the house 2 hours ago. Asked me if the delivery promised for yesterday showed up. Nope, not yet. I wish whichever driver has it would find a UPS driver or postal carrier to ask where our house is. FedEx people are all independent contractors so don't actually work for the company so anybody can be a FedEx driver and it shows. The ones that do the high priced next day delivery around here are great but the regular delivery ones not so much. Bob
  • Options
    If you see on the tracking, that your UPS truck is nearby, drive on over!   They are happy to hand your package to you right out the door, right where they are parked.   That strikes one delivery off of their list.
    I have done that 3 times, once with FedEx and twice with UPS and they didn't even ask for ID.
  • Options
    Know the UPS drivers phone numbers, package on the way, where you at, that is how I track my shipments.
    Even had the drivers walk 200 yards one way because they thought they driveway might be too slick for them to drive on and get out to clear pavement.
    They usually make the stop at my place about 6 to 7 pm with at least 2 hours to go with another 1 back to the hub and then 30 minutes on home.
    Fedex uses contract drivers I think, get what you pay for.
  • Options

So now they say Monday instead of Friday (today) but they still guess by 9:00 P.M.? I was wondering how it spent three days in Hodgkins, IL and it landed in San Ramon, CA yesterday would make it to my door today. Then today it went to Sacramento, CA (East and inland). I suppose another reason to hate on their dumbness. Had my day planned since the weather is cloudy so I ain't gonna paint my ammo boxes.

Maybe I'll do something with the small pork butt I just picked up. It's too bad I picked up sliced pork belly yesterday for the Yaki Soba. I could've saved $10 and used the pork butt for Yaki Soba meat. Maybe I'll make soup with the pork bone and cabbage. I suppose I can go out and pick up some pork pot stickers to be used as dumpling since I don't have to camp out by the door for the ups man. Then again I should go on Sunday so I can hit the farmer's market. I'll do that and get my drink on so I have an excuse not to go out.

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    The package guy I got can't be bothered to look at the street address. I get packages of the people on the other side all of the time and they mine. I should be getting that ups paycheck for doing dude's job. Or at the very least stop mis-delivering my packages. You'd think the gps helps but I think it just confuses them. If I could pick up my packages at the ups stores instead of hoping they bring it to my door I'd do that.
  • Options
    I am pretty sure you can arrange to pick up your packages at the UPS place.  This makes sense, because it means one less stop for the driver.
  • Options
    jarjar Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    I have had good to great service with ups except one time, and when I crossed paths with the driver I ask why , she said it was a standin driver for the day. then the next time that driver filled in for her , he apologized  and said that  she had really set him straight. On the other hand I had so many bad times with a fedex driver that I filled a complaint and received a call from a supervisor and he said the driver had had a few complaints and had been fired and we would not have anymore problems. so far so good. dont be quiet make a call !!!
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    My UPS and FedEx guys are great. No issues with either of them. My UPS guy has been commenting that Covid is worse than / busier than Christmas for the amount of deliveries he's had.

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure you can arrange to pick up your packages at the UPS place.  This makes sense, because it means one less stop for the driver.
    You can.......and it is safer to do with ammo shipments that require signature. Too many times I was notified via email that my shipment required a signature only to come home and find a case of ammo in front of my apt door.......on the first floor......in a large complex.

I had an AR bolt delivered.....that got stolen once. That was enough. took PSA over a month to investigate and make it right. Now I pick up at UPS.
  • Options

allen griggs - ups "place" as in hub or store? The "store" is closer but the hub is out of the way. Now what I really would like is to have the ups to drop the package off to USPO to do the delivering. Not too long ago they did this and I would like to sign up for this.

Never had issues with FedEx. Don't know if they hand it off to the USPO or do the dropping off themselves. Since I rarely get anything through them I know not.

mohawk600 - My missing Roller Trigger is still being "investigated". JP sent me another one after a month of nothing and because I got pissy (that was a month ago). I really don't like the idea some clown having an inkling of what might be at my place for B&E free for all. Since that package got my addy and a free to them AR trigger. Really should get that New York door lock (you know the 2X4 looking thing) I'll have to get the lock and key for both sides so they'll have to use the sliding glass door both ways. With how California is if the thief gets hurt in the commission of the crime gets hurt by the broken glass or climbing over the fence I'll be on the hook. Because as we are told lives can't be replaced. But what they fail to embrace is not all lives are worth saving.

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

....... not all lives are worth saving.

Amen brother
  • Options
    I'm sure you can pick it up at the hub, don't know about the store.  But I bet you could get it at the store because, the driver is certainly going there and again, it means one less stop for the driver.  UPS guys are working their * of these days.
    As for FedEx I also get great service from FedEx up here.
  • Options
    You can get your package delivered to a UPS store.  Here is a map that shows every place in the US to which you can have the package delivered.

https://www.ups.com/dropoff/?loc=en_US&data-content-block-id=W1
  • Options

I was looking at where in the world is package and I saw this. While in San Pablo, CA they typed this "Your package has been delayed due to events beyond our control. We're adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible." before heading to Sacramento, CA. That does not sound good. I'm thinking my charging handle got stuck in the machinery and now is a bag of aluminum chips.

Then I see that they did a lateral to Oakland, CA from Sacramento. San Pablo to Oakland was much closer than the silly back and forth. I suppose newsom wanted to see what new for Yosh's MATEN build. I'm gonna call the dumbbasses tomorrow so I can open the package where I got witnesses.

• Options
    While I was in the crapper my package arrived. It seems okay (the box and content). Installed fine and I think the big tabs will work fine. No need to get smaller ears. And it's only 3:00 P.M. what to do with the 6 hours I was planning to waste waiting for ups. I suppose sleep since it is a work night.
  • Options
    More details, how big, long, color of package. Did everything come out OK or did you need pencil and paper?
  • Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭
    UPS is ok most of the time. When we had a regular drive it was great. Never a issue with firearm delivery. No its hit an miss. Used to have a very big problem with fedx due to so my lost or damage packages. Had a floor model press lost. them 2 firearms missing. After them boss showed up an saw were I live that there is now way some one can steel the package. I now have a regular Fedx driver. Young man is great even offers to bring in the large packages for my wife if I am not home. My USPS lady is wonderful can not praise her enough. But she is retiring in the fall so I will be at a loss.