In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Feeling My Age Today, Oldest Sons Birthday

BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,413 ******
My #1 son turned 46 this morning.   Remembering everything about this day back then, when the wife's water broke in bed around 2 AM...... doesn't really seem that long ago!   What a warm rush to be awakened by! :o 

The run to the hospital and the old waiting room routine for the expectant father. Smoking was OK back then and the maternity waiting room was very much like a bar room back then.  

Rush ahead in time to last night, 46 years exactly to the near hour.  My wife awakens me to tell me she has to change our sheets!  Her urine ostomy let loose during her sleep!  I escaped the flow as it just hit her side of the bed but holy smokes!    Isn't Life Strange! :# 

Comments

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭
    Remember when you thought 40 was really old :#
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    asop said:
    Remember when you thought 40 was really old :#
    I wasn't too many years ago when I wondered why old people limp around and couldn't walk right......as I bounced down the sidewalk. Then I started having the pains.....found out I had arthritis in my hip. Lived with it for a long time......even had stem cell therapy to try and repair the joint. 6 months ago had that hip replaced......experienced nerve damage and foot drop (paralysis).....thank you VA.  Now I am only 51 yo and limping around like the people I used to say I would never be like. 
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it makes you feel old. Our oldest son turned 50 on the 11th of this month. Our oldest daughter would have been 52 this coming September. 
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭
    My older Son turned 40 last December which was a similar milestone for me as I was 27 when he was born. My Dad died when I was 38 so I spent the majority of my adult life w/o his experience, knowledge, or guidance. I don't think Son quite understands how beneficial having the old man around to lend a hand can be.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    My youngest turns 30 June 12th I'm still a youngster in years but at 61 I've used this body hard and starting to have my share of issues with back, Sciatica, teeth Etc. All beats the alternative and I'm not peeing the bed yet so its all good. Congrats on your sons B day!
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!