In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

what was the last thing you slapped a

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,065 ******
Holly 4 bbl onto???

Comments

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭✭

1970 Corvette convertible , metallic ice blue . 350 small block bored out 40thousands oversized with 11:1 pistons and a mild cam . Hooker headers and side pipes . Man that thing would stroll . Buried the needle more than once

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    An 850 Double Pumper on top of an Edelbrock Tarantula intake manifold in my 70 Z-28 Camaro. 

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    dam, that's a lot  vroom there
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    1959 Chevy 3100 Apache PU w/ a 327 and 4 speed manual.  750 double pump/dual feed w/ mechanical secondary's.  Literally came 'out the back door' from Holly in Romeo Mi.  Friday afternoon employee discount.  Got a call in the afternoon from a friend working there as an engineering intern; 'do you still want a carb for your truck?'    That was back in '76
  • Options
  • Options
    lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I installed a 750 double pumper on a 75 chevy k10 with a small block after I finally got tired of trying to make the Quadrajet work. I used an adapter plate from Jegs to install it on a factory intake. It would pass everything but a gas station.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭

850 double on a 454 LS6 in a 67 Camaro I was racing at the time. Crate motor, Dana rear, rock crusher 4speed 1/4 mile door slammer Best times 11:30s at 136 at Byron Dragstrip in IL.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,610 ✭✭✭✭
     850 double pumper  on a  454 ( 60 over 11:1 pistons )  4:10 , 12 bolt  behind a muncie 4 speed in a  69 Camaro  (oh and  still driving it )    and a few more on the shelf's  and I sill have a old holley 3 barrel  I use to use  but parts for it are scarce 

• Options
    you guys had some nice rides.  Very cool.  
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    800 double pumper on my built '73 454 4 speed Corvette including a little NOS nitrous oxide for good measure.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,610 ✭✭✭✭
    nice cars  and I sure miss the old days of cruising seems like a life time ago ( oh wait it was LOL )   
        ever notice gun owners and car owners almost always seem to be one in the same , 
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

1966 Ford Mustang sprint edition coupe with cruise-o-magic tiptronic shift manually on the fly with no clutch...

The engine:

1971 300 cubic inch straight six bored .030 over - balanced and blueprinted - wrapped rams horn spot header flowing into a true performance fiberglass resonator exhaust

Oversized radiator with twin electric fans (manually and thermostatic controlled) RV size transmission oil cooler - twin oil filter system - true ram air / forced cold air induction through a K&N filtercharger system...

Platinum plugs with v-split heads - two inline fuel filters - a high performance fuel pump - wildwood disc front brakes - oversized drums rear - dual reservoir performance master brakes

Modifier 70's hard compound tires in front - hard compound modifier 80's in the rear - slotted magnesium NASCAR style wheels all around

Rally pack gauge cluster side saddle over the column pods and five supplemental gauges + an analog clock - large holly 4-bbl care sitting on top with duel snorkel air cleaning element

MSD red box ignition - engine badged and stickers to resemble a 240 straight six - pony fog light grill insert - 3 removable custom cut tin pans designed to set on hard points around engine hot spots / filled with ice and ice water with hood up to cool everything down - hood pins

Tons of torque and approximately 306 horse power at the rear wheels

A sleeper with something more than your average 6

Mike

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭
    77 Chevy K20 small block and it was a real beast.  Dual "Purple Horny" mufflers and just enough pipe to get behind the cab. When the Holly opened the secondaries, the whole world knew something was going on.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    Small block 400 sitting in my buddy's '72 Z-28 back in '77.  Varoooom!!  Had a set of Hooker headers and Thrush glass packs.  Like Mobuck said, when the secondaries opened up, the whole world knew something was going on!!
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Holley 750 cfm Double Pumper on a Holley Street Dominator manifold, 67' GTO 400ci. block.

• Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
  • Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, 1972 Plymouth Fury with a 400 ci in engine.  Had the suspension of a bulldozer, but in a straight line, GAD! That thing could run!
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭✭
    700 dual-line double-pumper

'71 'Cuda

340 727 Torque-Flite

Yep, wish I still had it.  :(
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,469 ✭✭✭✭

1985 Chevy P30 step van

• Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    I never slapped one in, but I kept some pumpin'!
    What's next?
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Schwinn hi rise handle bars with a 5 speed shifter on the frame and banana seat, I didn't need no stinkin Holley Dbl Pumper LOL, Never had one. I did have a Plymouth Fury III with the 440 Magnum police package when I was 16 lost my license that year and didn't get it back until I was 20!
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    1974 Dodge Power Wagon 360 4 speed.

I pulled it off after a year or so and replaced it with an Edelbrock which I like better.
    RLTW

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

Pic of my friends motor. I'm pretty sure there is a rather large Holly in there.

• Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭
    The 460 in my 93 Mustang.

It's still a little dirty from sitting under the cover all winter. A project for sure but its getting there.

• Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    My 1966 Chevy Malibu... :'(
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

69 Plymouth road runner convertible with a blueprinted 383 with a 4speed rock crusher trans., Dana quick change rearend . That holly made it talk on the street and strip.

• Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    chiefr said:
    390 Ford 
     Same here.
     Built it for a buddies '75 4X4 Highboy.
     Found an NOS 427 Tunnel type manifold at a little mom-n-pop speed shop. Combined that with the 352 Edsel heads I had left after my brother blew my engine. He wanted 850 double pumpers, I talked him into 650 vac secondaries. 
  • Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 cfm, 70 Chevelle with MJ 496. Not for the weak at heart.
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    Two of them on an Offy manifold > 427 CID 1964 Ford Galaxy 500.
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books