In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

133 Auctions up and running! Check out this AMAZING 1893 Marlin Deluxe 30-30 with Factory Letter!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,685 ✭✭✭✭
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited May 2020
    The flash hider fitted to your SIG-Sauer MCX is an early Yankee Hill FH which serves as a quick detachable mount for their suppressors. If you look closely at barrel where the FH attaches you will see an abrupt taper. Photo 5 shows this quite clearly.

This taper mates with an matching internal taper in SIG Sauer's propriety suppressors and their flash hider, which is shown in photo 3 . Using another companies flash hider or suppressor requires the use of an adapter which slides over the muzzle, eliminates the taper and provides a 90 degree mounting surface. It should have been included with the standard accessories shown in photo 2.  You can see the adapter on my own MCX SBR, which uses the most recent Yankee Hill flash hider:

Without the taper adapter there will be a gas blown out from behind the flash hider. With a suppressor attached it will be worse.
    Shown is the MCX with a Yankee Hill Turbo installed on the QD mount:

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,685 ✭✭✭✭
    You are just the BEES KNEES Mark.    Thank you!    I did't have a clue.    I just added something to the auction pointing that out and added that people should check out the forums.   
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com