In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Protest vs Riot ?

waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭✭

I’m curious, when is a protest no longer a protest, but becomes a riot? They say their protesting but in the back found I see buildings burning, I hear gun shots and people saying: “ you kill one of us we’ll kill two of you”. I’m just curious.

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭✭
    It becomes a riot when a group decides that chaos can be profitable. By overwhelming law enforcement with sheer numbers most looters can get those new air jordans without consequences. This is sadly what our city subculture has devolved to. Compare last night's riots to the Hong Kong riots and you see a big difference. Bob
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Back when we were dealing with the Slager shooting some roustabouts tried coming to Charleston SC and starting some stuff but thankfully the local Black leaders told them to go away
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    mogley98 said:
    Back when we were dealing with the Slager shooting some roustabouts tried coming to Charleston SC and starting some stuff but thankfully the local Black leaders told them to go away
    Not happening nowadays in the failed Dem cities........bad behavior is being encouraged.
  • Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭✭

I will have to agree with you mohawk600. The liberal news channels are instigating all this, they refer to the riots as protests, where the conservative news out lets are now calling them for what they are, RIOTS!

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    I say when it's about personal gains instead of common goal.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Protest - public display of disapproval.
    Riot - public display of disapproval with violence
    Terrorism - the use of intentional violence for political or religious purposes.

I think we should be using the T-word.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    Wall to wall coverage about Austin today......I am ashamed that I live in this liberal hell-hole. The city is being burned and looted downtown while cops sit back and do nothing.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
    mohawk600 said:
    Wall to wall coverage about Austin today......I am ashamed that I live in this liberal hell-hole. The city is being burned and looted downtown while cops sit back and do nothing.

Isn't this what they wanted? Keeping Austin weird? Did they draw a line and didn't tell folks?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    mohawk600 said:

Isn't this what they wanted? Keeping Austin weird? Did they draw a line and didn't tell folks?
    yeah......the ANTIFA crowd runs wild here and they are * up my city...........they need to be shot.

Once I finish school.......I am out of this *............ I will go to a small conservative town where rioters are shot on sight.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    There are numerous reports of pallets of bricks showing up for no legitimate reason in cities where "protests" were planned.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    smartoldguysmartoldguy Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    I thought I had enough ammo.  Now I'm not so sure.
  • Options
    badchrisbadchris Member Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    There was a peaceful protest march yesterday that ended 1 mile from my home. I had no clue it was going on but when I saw the 2 choppers running a pattern I figured something was up and checked the news. Then I saw the K9 unit parked on the side of the street and I took that as my hint to get ready just in case.
    Enemies of armed self-defense focus on the gun. They ignore the person protected with that gun.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,317 ******

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    Looks like something the Al and Jesse underground brown shirt race hustlers would promote as something every home should have as a coffee table copy, and then blame it on the KKK or old white men.
    What's next?
  • Options
    DaveH196803DaveH196803 Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2020
    When you've crossed the line over into attacking an innocent third party, or into breaking or taking their stuff, you aren't a protester anymore.  I don't care if your mom and dad didn't hug you enough, or if every third white person you know is the biggest cracker. At that point people have a right to defend themselves, and the authorities should be arresting your *.
This discussion has been closed.