In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Windex and American Greeks

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭
I was watching "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and I wondered if this Windex thing was true. Also wondered if Windex was the cure for COVID?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    The original Windex had a dilute solution of ammonia, beside being mostly water. 

Go down to wally world, and buy a couple bottles of original Windex. Chugalug them, and get back to us with the results.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    The movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding is not far from the truth.  My oldest son married into a Greek family. And of course he converted to the Greek Orthodox religion.

My wife and I were like the son's parents in the movie. :D Like in the movie they were given a house as a wedding present but it was a lot fancier and bigger than the one in the movie and the wedding reception was something to behold. They rented the convention center at the world's fair site in Knoxville, TN for the reception. The place was packed and there was more booze and food at that party than I've ever seen.  When it comes to weddings and partying nobody does it like the Greeks! The church they were married in was something else too.

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭
    A Greek wedding as far as food and booze is only exceeded by a Polish wedding!!  A good friend from back in my college days was Polish and took me home with him a few times.  John told me he had never been to a Polish wedding that the reception WASN'T broken up by the cops.  I honestly didn't believe him.  A while later he asked if I would like to go home with him for the weekend and attend a cousins wedding.
    If I'ma lyin I'ma dyin!!  After about 2 1/2 hours into the reception the fighting started.  Sure enough, the cops closed down the reception.     :D

I have attended services at a Greek Orthodox church many times.  My wife is Russian Orthodox.  When we got married there were no Russian Orthodox churches in our area so we went to the Greek church instead.
  • Options
    rufe-snow said:
    The original Windex had a dilute solution of ammonia, beside being mostly water. 

Go down to wally world, and buy a couple bottles of original Windex. Chugalug them, and get back to us with the results.

Obviously you hadn't watch the movie. Dude sprayed it on everything as a cure all. Then again you must be one of those people who believed Trump told you to ingest disinfectants. Try a few Tide Pods while you wait for me to get the Windex.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    Meh.  Professional window washers use a small amount of dish detergent in a bucket of water.  That's good enough for me.
    Neal
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,199 ✭✭✭✭
    If you believe that movie stunts are real, you are beyond help.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    If you believe that movie stunts are real, you are beyond help.
    Well according to some folks here and what I heard about Greek weddings there gots to be truths to this movie.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,685 ✭✭✭✭
    The movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding is not far from the truth.  My oldest son married into a Greek family. And of course he converted to the Greek Orthodox religion.

My wife and I were like the son's parents in the movie. :D Like in the movie they were given a house as a wedding present but it was a lot fancier and bigger than the one in the movie and the wedding reception was something to behold. They rented the convention center at the world's fair site in Knoxville, TN for the reception. The place was packed and there was more booze and food at that party than I've ever seen.  When it comes to weddings and partying nobody does it like the Greeks! The church they were married in was something else too.

That is AWESOME!!!    I'm so jealous.    I want a Greek family member so bad......great food, good parties, lots of family and fun fun fun.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com