In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

$14 trillion dollars for reparations for slavery now or else!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in Politics
 Yes it's time to demand reparations for slavery! What's next? A collapse of the dollar you say? This guy is better
     than Al Sharpton and can you feel the power!
                                              serf
 https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/01/bets-robert-johnson-calls-for-14-trillion-of-reparations-for-slavery.html
  • Now is the time to go big” to keep America from dividing into two separate and unequal societies, Robert Johnson said in a CNBC interview Monday.
  • Johnson said reparations would send the signal that white Americans acknowledge “damages that are owed” for the unequal playing field created by slavery and the decades since.
  • The wealth divide and police brutality against blacks are at the heart of protests that have erupted across the nation following last week’s killing of George Floyd during an arrest in Minneapolis.

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    wealth divide is caused by those that do NOT want educated or to work  and those that DO make the effort.....slobbering money on those many generations  away from anyone enslaved is a ridiculous waste
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't they go after the Dutch for bring slaves here in the first place back in 1612, more than 150+ years before our declared independence from England. And while they're at it they can go after the brits as well since they were up to their eyeballs in the slave trade too.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    How about the blacks in Africa who sold blacks ?????
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    "Provide each slave descendant 40 acres and a mule in Liberia, Africa."
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^
    The US offered "them" a return trip "home".  By allowing ANY of "them" to stay in this country, all future generations were saddled with the care and feeding of those "slave descendants". I don't owe "them" a damned dime. 
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,796 ✭✭✭✭
    Real dumb idea. Even if we had the money, it would never be enough.  They would want more.
    If people are not happy here, they need to leave and do so quickly.
  • Options
    this rich jack=* would be the first in line for a handout........if he believes this balances the scales, lets see him load up the payment side with his OWN money...who better to lead than a WEALTHY     b l a c k
  • Options
    and we are seeing many examples of his "wealth transfer" scheme carried >>>OUT<<< by looters in the last few days
  • Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭
    Reparations have already been paid by the 650,000 Americans killed in Lincoln's war. And by the intentional nearly total destruction of the southern economy that went on for decades.
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭

I get into this discussion every so often and I always ask this question and get the same blank response.. Who decides who gets paid?? Many blacks have no American slavery in their family tree,, I use Obama as an example,, Many people with White skin have a slave ancestor!! Are we to pay based on skin color alone ?? If so, does that mean the darker skinned get more than the lighter skinned as that probably means they have more pure African blood ?? My Mother was full Blood Native American or pretty close. I actually have paperwork that puts me at 42%,, I have no idea how they came to that % .. does this mean I need to start screaming reparations ?? I mean technically they owe us for the entire country..

• Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Maybe they should try working to get away from their miserable existence in the ruined d-rat holes of anarchy.
    Yep "racist" 
    Why?
    Because:

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    My one question....if you cash the reparations check will you release all of white America from any further liability, and or complaints regarding racism, and discrimination?  Are we finally even Steven and move on with our lives?  Or will you be back in six months when you've blown the money wanting more?  Because no point in paying if you're gonna keep complaining.  
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    Trump missed the boat with the Covid Stimulus payment.
    Should have simply told Nancy that as descendants of slaves are hardest hit by the virus because of past inequities, a Reparation Stimulus program will be enacted.  $10,000.00 per adult.
    With roughly 32 million folks identifying as being African Americans without immigration from another country in their recent ancestry, and assuming 50% would be classified as adults, this would have cost us this would have cost the US Treasury appx $ 160 billion.  It would have stimulated the economy, particularly in the local areas hardest hit by the engineered economic collapse, would have made DJ Mr. Trump and the GOP the party of the people, and would have headed the current social unrest which was the designed end game of isolation as concocted by Doctors Fauci and Brix.

It is not too late now, Mr. Trump.  $ 10,000 per adult descendant of American slaves tomorrow.  No other stimulus, get us back to work.

Folks may complain that it is not enough, but a $ 10K check with a take it or forget about it note attached will shut the bulk of them up.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    No amount will ever end the issue.  Then native Americans and Mexicans will be getting in line. It'll never end.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    shilowar said:
    No amount will ever end the issue.  Then native Americans and Mexicans will be getting in line. It'll never end.

Correct.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    OR   ELSE>>>>>>>>>oooh scare me......will i have to got eat ice cream with nancy  ?????
  • Options
    DaveH196803DaveH196803 Member Posts: 41

Dig up the dead slave owners and rummage through any Jewelry of theirs that may have survived being buried this long. Other than that, sod off.