In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looks like the U.S.Army is about to roll over....

ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
Being a Yankee way up here in New York State on the Vermont border, this even offends me. I can't wait to see the list of new names being considered for the military bases.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/army-secretary-renaming-military-bases-confederate-generals

Comments

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Well there was a lot of southern military personnel that fought and died  fighting Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan in 1940's ,so at least you can give them that.I wonder if minorities would had been treated  better under Their governments if we  had lost the war. It's all relative.
    The Great society has failed emplaced by a Southern President . Go figure.
                                                                             serf
            Second, "collective action racism," such as restrictive covenants, racial zoning, policy instruments, and threats of violence which were widespread before 1960, may have played a role in creating segregated urban neighborhoods. Indeed, the authors find a much higher use of restrictive real estate covenants in cities that are more segregated.
    The authors also find that as urban population or density increases, so does segregation. In other words, larger cities are more segregated than smaller ones, a fact that has been true throughout the past century. Further, despite gains in integrated urban housing, "there are more completely black areas in our cities than there have ever been in the past."