In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Washington, Jefferson Statues "Need To Come Down"

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
They pundits will run with This one! Soon we have a white-wash nation for all. ;)
                                         serf

"American history is not all glorious... George Washington was a slave owner. We need to call slave owners out for what they are. Whether we think they were protecting American freedom or not, he wasn't protecting my freedoms," the network contributor said.

"To me, I don't care if it's a George Washington statue or Thomas Jefferson, they all need to come down," Rye concluded.

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    DEMOCRAT propagandists in CNN and MSNBC doing what they do best.
    It is those of the PRESENT reviving past atrocities and spreading the hate. History is what it is: The Past is what it is.

Someone need to tell these DEMOCRATs slavery has not existed here in over 160 years. 
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

This Political Appeasement BS, needs to stop.

It has gone WAY overboard.

We are headed down the wrong path.

• Options
    DaveH196803DaveH196803 Member Posts: 41

These are the same folks who wore Che Guevara shirts in college, and are proponents/revisionist historians of a political philosophy that killed between 100-170 million in the previous century. So they can take their outrage over American historical figures and jam them where the sun doesn't shine.

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    so what type of statue would these revisionists see for themselves......and put handles on it to make it easier for us older working  to get a better grip in turnabout
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,311 ******
    edited June 2020
    Fine with me.
    Exo 20:4
    Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Deu 4:16
    Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,Unchecked Copy Box 

Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the LORD your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the LORD thy God hath forbidden thee.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain