In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Supreme Court Rejects any rulings on 2nd Amendment Rights!

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
Now how does the court make these decisions and let states trample on the 2nd amendment,soon Texas will go
 blue and just watch the left come after my rights to defend myself without being a criminal?
                               serf

The Supreme Court on Monday said it will not hear appeals of a slew of cases involving gun laws, dealing a blow to Second Amendment activists who seek to expand the rights of gun owners.

In an order released Monday morning, the court denied petitions for appeals of 10 cases.

Comments

• Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭

But but but Trump promised to load the court with Pro 2A people and protect the “Beautiful 2nd Amendment.” All we’ve gotten is lip service and bans from him and nothing positive to the 2nd Amendment from the SCROTUS. He gets good marks from me in certain areas but gets an F on the 2nd Amendment. I also don’t believe Roberts is all that conservative especially with regards to 2A. And of course the spineless Congress has done nothing to advance the 2nd Amendment.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭
    None of the bans go against what was stated in the Great Scalia's authoring of the Heller and McDonald decisions.  Governments have the power to license firearm owners, register and regulate firearms.  It has been this way since 1934, and was confirmed by the two cases referenced above.
    To strike down these pieces of legislation would be to change what was written in Heller and would in effect be legislating from the bench.  90% of you agreed with the Heller decision when a few of us pointed out what a disaster it really was.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    DaveH196803DaveH196803 Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2020
    The next judicial appointment to the Supreme court should be Pat McAfee since they like to punt so much.