In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BSR?

NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭
How ya doin'?   
Is your hand healing up OK?

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******
    Hope he's doin' well.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    Talked to him Sunday, started a new job hauling heavy equipment with a lowboy.....with his hand still in a surgical splint! Had to take the job, or it wouldn't be there the next day. I suppose the splitter is going to be his physical therapy, says it makes his knuckles hurt using it.
    Driving the stick would be bad enough with that hand, but he has to load/unload the equipment too.
    He's also having to learn how to operate the equipment, to get it off and on the trailer. He's discovered the steering wheel on a road grader has no effect on the direction you want it go. :)
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited June 2020
    TRAP55 said:
    Talked to him Sunday, started a new job...

I think BSR has had more jobs than I've owned M1s. I hope it works out for him.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,661 ✭✭✭✭
    He Dog said:
    Who cares? >:)
    I do, for one.  Sounds like there are others, also. 
  • Options
    Just tell him to watch those big dozers!  Slide a track off the side on one of those and a mashed hand will be the least of his worries!  And steel on steel is like greased snot!
    Scrapers are always 'fun' too, especially the big tandems like the 637's and the like.  Can't see a dang thing.

He already had a near miss with a new dozer, has a bunch of computer controlled throttle, and hydraulic controls that are all bassackwards. Stomp the pedal to the floor and it idles onto the trailer in low gear. Take your foot off, and it goes full throttle.
    You can guess how he found out.

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    He Dog said:
    Who cares? >:)
    I do, for one.  Sounds like there are others, also. 

Ya didn't see the devil?  I have know him for a while and was just poking fun.  I have great confidence he will do what it takes to be on top in the end.  and yeah, I care.  But don't tell Lonnie...
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭
    I for one, miss his posts!!
  • Options
    TRAP55 said:
    Just tell him to watch those big dozers!  Slide a track off the side on one of those and a mashed hand will be the least of his worries!  And steel on steel is like greased snot!
    Scrapers are always 'fun' too, especially the big tandems like the 637's and the like.  Can't see a dang thing.

He already had a near miss with a new dozer, has a bunch of computer controlled throttle, and hydraulic controls that are all bassackwards. Stomp the pedal to the floor and it idles onto the trailer in low gear. Take your foot off, and it goes full throttle.

CAT dozers have been like that for a long time now!  Since the late 80's at least, back when I was runnin' 'em.
    It's so you can keep your feet free for the track brakes.
    Lonny's showin' his age!  LOL!
    I guess he's not the only one. The last Cat I loaded up on a lowboy, had a pony motor!

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    dreher said:
    There are really only five:

1) I'm home.
    2) I'm on the road and in BF Egypt
    3) I'm broken down
    4) I just got into an argument with (pick no more than two) a shop owner, a mechanic, a dispatcher, some driver from Swift Truck
    5) I'm looking for another job
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭
    TRAP55 said:
    TRAP55 said:

CAT dozers have been like that for a long time now!  Since the late 80's at least, back when I was runnin' 'em.
    It's so you can keep your feet free for the track brakes.
    Lonny's showin' his age!  LOL!
    I guess he's not the only one. The last Cat I loaded up on a lowboy, had a pony motor!

My1966 D6 is the same way.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    Paid well but was HEAVY work just dragging the damn chains around.  
    Oh and ice + metal tracks are a special kind of ride getting on board.  

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭
    Now Mark, you are just being mean!!      :) 

• Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭✭
    dreher said:
    Same here.