In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shotgun listed with rifled bbl & choke tubes (Kasey)

Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/871229253
Kasey probably doesn't really do these things to get plugs on the forum. :)

I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    Like the Hank Williams, Jr. song:
    ”...I got a shotgun rifle and a four wheel drive,
    a country boy will survive...”
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    That thing begs to have rifle barrels that you could put on it. 
  • Options
    redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭
    It has a 20" rifled barrel with a 3" chamber>>>>> must be a misprint , looks like a normal smooth bore with tubes
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    i was wondering the same thing.  why full rifling  and then choke tubes?  makes NO sense.  some one will like it,  but i have too many dislikes about it to be my primary deer hunting shotgun..  side note.  what the heck is a 2 position sight?   most hunters with a dedicated break action shotgun will also have optics abd a heavier barrel[to alleviate recoil].  think HandiRifle 
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    Someone will like it. Not me - 5lbs and a 3" chamber ain't my cup of tea. Bob
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    mercy upon those who choose a 1 and 1/2 sabot slug out of a 5 lb gun..
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,685 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the plug!!!      I've got another one that is pretty interesting......https://www.gunbroker.com/item/871234602

As far as single shot shotguns go this one is probably the one of the rarer ones out there. 
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    Thank you for the plug!!!      I've got another one that is pretty interesting......https://www.gunbroker.com/item/871234602

As far as single shot shotguns go this one is probably the one of the rarer ones out there. 
    I think the point of the "plug" was to question if it had a rifled barrel plus a barrel that accepted screw in tubes or a rifled barrel that takes screw in tubes. 
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭

DO NOT demean or disparage a member's auction or it's description. Your personal likes and dislikes have no bearing on these auctions. If the auction doesn't suit you, move on.

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,685 ✭✭✭✭

I think the point of the "plug" was to question if it had a rifled barrel plus a barrel that accepted screw in tubes or a rifled barrel that takes screw in tubes. 
    I didn't see a question....but just in case its not clear.....this just has the ONE barrel shown, rifled, with screw in chokes.   
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    @nononsense not all auction plugs are shameless, any excuse to get people to look at an auction might result in more bids for the item in question or other auctions.

I really thought this was a listing error but I didn't post about it to be mean. I believe that rifled barrels and choke tubes is a pretty rare thing, I don't recall ever seeing any such shotgun in the past.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    @nononsense not all auction plugs are shameless, any excuse to get people to look at an auction might result in more bids for the item in question or other auctions.

I really thought this was a listing error but I didn't post about it to be mean. I believe that rifled barrels and choke tubes is a pretty rare thing, I don't recall ever seeing any such shotgun in the past.
    Yep, I must say I learned something new today also. 
  • Options

I have never had a problem with plugs, shameless or otherwise. That's not the contention. I do disagree with your idea of 'any excuse' since that opens the door for others to make those demeaning comments as above. Asking questions is what these forums are all about. Clarifying information presented in auctions is a good thing for both parties, it's a win-win. Commentaries which include a poster's negativism is not good. It can influence the outcome of that auction. If you don't like it or you disagree with an auction, move on, it's the business of the seller.
    Best.

• Options
    "Kasey probably doesn't really do these things to get plugs on the forum."

"I have never had a problem with plugs, shameless or otherwise."

I'm confused. I stated this is a plug for Kasey's auction.
  • Options
    I'm confused. I stated this is a plug for Kasey's auction.
    This getting old real quick. You wrote:

To which I responded:

I have never had a problem with plugs, shameless or otherwise.
    This is not hard to understand.
    My posting originally was in response to some comments (not yours) about demeaning personal comments regarding the auction.
    This is clear.
    Best.

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

IBTL

Belgium got the

patent on the the monobloc in 1881. Beretta starting using it very early on and continues to use it today.

'fucile rinforzato' is reinforced gun or barrel. How they accomplish this is beyond me.

'per polveri bianche' literally translates to "for white powder". This was an outdated way of saying "Nitro proofed". Some one was reading an old English catalog and translated to Italian.

finito is the proof mark.

'Ausonia electric steel' is bizarre. Ausonia is a small town in central Italy. Beretta kept switching their source for barrels. I can only assume the "electric" part refers to the Bessemer process 100 years earlier. I have no information that Ausonia ever produced steel. The other use is an ancient reference to all of southern Italy...

You can get the year it was made here: https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=73492 The date code on mine (XIV, for 1958) is on the barrel flat, left side, near the extractor. Yours may have been made in 1950 - the date code was usually in roman numerals, but sometimes the actual year was used.

A .410 gauge or 28 gauge or 32 gauge might command a premium or be seen as rare in the US as far as production goes / units imported...

In the south the 16 gauge 70mm commands some premium as far as demand - a regional thing / preference...

Italy and Spain and Russia and some south American companies - this patent architecture type has been made continuously since forever and has changed ownership - production location - importer - distributor innumerable times - currently the latest version is again flooding the market - then it will seem to disappear - and come back again...

One could argue if it's on par quality wise with the NEF / H&R single shot break opens - don't think it's ever been a lemon or questionable as far as safety goes - Beretta has decent standards IMHO but this type has been marketed as an entry level budget gun in the past - might be again today...

Simple bullet proof design - he Beretta name gives it a boost or some cache IMHO

Mike

• Options

Sorry - brain vapor lock here...

Your gun not only seems to be in pristine condition and the most respected variant - but your auction seems to me to be receiving not only a ton on interest but also is yielding bid numbers / dollar values well over full market retail book values...

You have again managed to garner a value for your customer well beyond what most other dealers might get based on your reputation and the professional auction listings and decent pics...

Mike

• Options

🤓🤔🤓🤔😃😃😃