In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Giving Guns Away

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
One of the kids texted me and asked me a lot of questions about shotguns. He has a home defense shotgun but was looking for something to hunt with. He has a wife and 2 kids under 5 and his wife has MS bad enough she can not work.

After we were done talking about an hour later i went into my gun room/spare bedroom and picked out 4 shotguns to give away. I am now 4 guns lighter but it made the kids happy so its worth it. I have way to many shotguns and 22 rifles to use or keep them all.

Comments

• Options
    jarjar Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Good on you , I have been doing the same thing for the last 2 yrs. Each yr I take my son , son inlaw , and my sons best friend (that my wife and I raised) on a hog hunt. each yr we try to go to a different place. I started looking and listening to them about what all they have. started giving arms and ammo for gifts. then just went to giving them things they showed intrerest in . gives me a good reason to keep shoppin. lol.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    Good for you.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭
    I have sons and daughters in law, and I have adult grandkids.  I can give them something I have no clue whether they will like it, or a gun I know they like.  Uhhhh- lemme think- bad necktie or a Browning????  They would inherit them anyway- this way, I get to see them enjoy the guns.  
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,034 ******
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    :):)B)
    NICE !!!
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books