Stupid Is as Stupid Does

Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
What ignorant BS will they come up with next.

6. Virginia Democrats thinking of law requiring police to fire warning shots!

Once again, the gun-controlling Democrats in the General Assembly show they know nothing, nothing about guns or about police work.  They are the wrong people to ever be in power.

As a one-time law enforcement officer myself, I am shocked at the Democrat legislative wish list for police in the next legislative session (possibly in August).  

Since VCDL focuses on guns, the one that I am concerned with says that officers must fire a warning shot before the use of deadly force!  

For years VCDL has been making sure that our members are aware that firing warning shots is something that should NEVER be done.  Period.  Not into the air, not into the ground.  NEVER.  They are dangerous to innocent people who may be in the area.

Comments

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 933 ✭✭✭
    your first cartridge will be a blank
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭
    mac10 said:

That will ensure carrying a pistol (auto-loader) will be "interesting".
  • JohnERebJohnEReb Member Posts: 40
    mac10 said:

It works in the movies. :)
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭
    JohnEReb said:
    mac10 said:

It works in the movies. :)
    I am surprised they ever have any ammunition in the magazine.  Every time someone picks up a pistol they rack the slide - presumably throwing another round on the ground.

I chuckle when I see the cops rack the slide before kicking down the door on a raid.  Don't they normally carry a round in the chamber?
  • MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    I just picture Yosemite Sam 

• jim_lemayjim_lemay Member Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭
    edited July 1
    Simple, LEO doesn't show up until the Social Workers have cleared the crime scene. 
     >:) 
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,216 ✭✭✭✭
    It's not been mentioned, but seems the leading areas to defund/eliminate law enforcement are in the big cities and states that are controlled (government wise) by DEMOCRATS!! 

Also, these same cities have the highest crime rates.

That should tell all exactly what they need to know about keeping themselves and their families SAFE.
     B) 
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    Now they're saying what they meant was that police should be required to shout a warning before shooting. So.... there's an imminent threat to life & the police have to stop & shout a warning, thus giving the perp more time to inflict harm. OK..but.. deadly force is not to be used unless it is immediately necessary to stop harm to another. Any of the times I had to draw down on someone, they didn't need a verbal warning & were smart enough to stop what they were doing.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭
    also saw where they wanted to lesson the criminal charges for assault on a police officer!!
  • danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭
    I don't know why anyone continues to be in Law enforcement
    I am thankful we have some good ones
    but what they are doing to them now is beyond stupid

teachers are not being treated right either in this stupid world we are living in nowadays
  • us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3
    Remember back in the '60's when a Drill Instructor could no longer put their hands on a trainee?
    Then a teacher couldn't touch a student - a parent couldn't spank a child - and not a cop can't put their hands on a criminal.
    So ......... when the youth know there is no punishment ..... they become wilder as they grow up ...and they have.
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
  • danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭
    us55840 said:
    Remember back in the '60's when a Drill Instructor could no longer put their hands on a trainee?
    Heck - I went thru boot camp in the early 70s.  I must have missed that rule!
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -