In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Magzines

gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
Are magazines wearing the Colt stamp any good ? or should I just stick with the very expensive Wilson Combat mags.
Mec-Gar claims they are Colts OEM

It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    Colt hasn't made their own mags since before WW2.  I don't recall ever hearing them discuss who made OEM mags for them.  But, in recents years most have COLT & other information stamped on the floor plate.
    Mec-Gar makes OEM mags for many top brand pistol manufacturers; they are considered to be excellent quality.  If they say that they make them for Colt, I have no reason to doubt that.
    The very expensive mags sold by some companies are beautifully made & absolutely reliable.  If I were shooting an very expensive pistol, I would feel the need to use very expensive mags.  But, that's just me.
    Neal

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

I have several Mec Gar 13 and 15 round Hi-Power mags and they are flawless in function, fit and finish.

• Options
    I bought three Mec-Gar mags for my CZ-82s. 9x18 Makarov. Never ANY problems, I would not hesitate to recommend Mec-Gar, based on this limited experience !   B)
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,710 ******
    Magazines with the rearing pony work well in ALL my 1911’s.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,147 ✭✭✭✭
    I like Mec-Gar for my 1911 back in the day until I went Wilson. They hold 8 rounds and boy are they smooth at pushing. And they're easy to strip and clean. I wonder if Mec-Gar made 8 rounders would I have stayed with them?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Mec-Gar 8 round @ 33.65 EACH. 

Wilson 8round @ 32.95 each.... go figure ! I bought a 4 pack for $99.99 on sale.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭✭

Been using mec-gar mags for better than 30 years .... no problems yet!

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭
    don't like wilsons
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,147 ✭✭✭✭
    gesshots - Not at that price. I'll stick with Wilson's.
  • Options
    mac10 said:
    don't like wilsons

Sorry that was another post ! :D:pB)
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    jimdeere said:
    Magazines with the rearing pony work well in ALL my 1911’s.
    Yep and we have a bunch.