In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pickup trucks

SoreShoulderSoreShoulder Member Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Politics
I have heard they pressure you to join the Democrat party in order to work as a mechanical engineer.  Maybe that's only some markets?  

These trucks are not much more sophisticated than a 1950s automobile except for safety, emissions, electronic engine management, abs brakes, dohc, backup camera, but that's all stuff you can get on a $12,000 econobox.  Yet they charge an arm and a leg for the truck.  

Comments

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    I've bought many pickups in my life, never once did politics enter into my decision as to which to choose and all have been good choices regardless of the brand.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    The majority of democrats that have a college degree opted for a degree in liberal arts because they couldn't cut it in engineering school and dropped out.
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    Spending most of my life in Michigan, my experience says it is just the opposite. Most white collar Big 3 employees seemed to be republican. Seeing all the government BS, usually implemented by democrats, that caused them grief was the reason. It used to be that the UAW members were 99% democrat but that has changed quite a bit. An example would be the auto worker that Bided wanted to fight because of the gun control question that the union worker asked. The union workers seem to realize that the key to them keeping their jobs is a strong economy and don't think the dems will provide that. They remember Obama saying those lost manufacturing jobs will never come back.  Bob