In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Invisible Headlights & Darpa Military Research

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
Interesting article on where your tax dollars are going to. We are always seeing how China is building A.I. and how it is using Data collecting but don't fool yourself,The US Government is in the same game and it all has civilian control implications in one way or  another. With Third wave learning technology for A.I. then the camera eye and what it can see and discern is very enlightening for all governments.
                   serf
How much useful information is encoded in thermal emissions?State of the art infrared detectors collect a fraction of useful information

Comments

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    I worry more about the Japanese Killer Hornets. 
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I worry more about the Japanese Killer Hornets. 
      Each to their own but Red China and The U.K. along with The USA would love having 4 terabytes of info for The A.I. program
      to see and crunch during any warfare type information  scenario. Information and the control of it is what they all strive on after all Ronald Reagan said it best "trust but verify."
                                                        serf

• Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭

AI? Have you considered Project Looking Glass or Yellow Cube is really a cover story for the quest of AI and predicting the future of sorts?

Why would the governments be so interested in social media. Is it the base data for predicting the future, like economic modeling on steroids.

Maybe I need to sleep. ... Just stuff rolling around in my head.