In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Chauvin used a potentially deadly hold (& he should do time), but one thing may mitigate it a bit:

SoreShoulderSoreShoulder Member Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in Politics
Chauvin used a potentially deadly hold (& he should do time), but one small thing may mitigate it a tiny amount:

Videos of the entire arrest are available online and they show George Floyd was already saying "I can't breathe" long before they put him on the ground and kneeled on the back of his neck.  He tried to claim he had claustrophobia.  Perhaps the cops' instinct told them he was lying.  

He was high on fentanyl and trying to pass some counterfeit bills, perhaps so he could sell the goods he bought for real cash and get more drugs, and his party wouldn't end in the drunk tank.  

Even though too much force was used because they already had the guy down and cuffed, he did cry wolf a little tiny bit before they put him on the ground.  The officers may have thought he was just lying about claustrophobia and about not being able to breathe so he could keep using drugs. 

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    isn't it FNN sickening how many of these minor hoodlums have been glamorized as heroes ......disgusting
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    It's been many years since I was a county auxiliary officer (with power of arrest).  We were trained by police academy instructors.  One thing that stuck in my mind is this:  once you cuff someone, you must stay with him & protect him, because he is no longer capable of self preservation.  Chauvin certainly knew that he shouldn't have kept the drugged prisoner lying in the street, head pressed against asphalt, with his knee on the prisoner's neck.  It's difficult to mitigate that.
    Neal