In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Holosun shake awake Red dot sight

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Anybody have one what is your review? Thinking of adding a couple to the safe for pistols.
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine didn't work. I had to pour a bucket of cold water on it to get it to wake up.
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭
    I have one and like it. Sometime I have to tap the side to wake it up. Battery lasts a long time.
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a Holosun but I do have a Truglo with the shake awake feature.  I really like the shake awake feature.  It is on an AR as a bedroom gun.  If something goes "bump in the night" picking up the AR and having the red dot come on is way better than trying to find a little button in the dark while being a little fuzzy/scared/confused from being woke up from a sound sleep! 
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Not cheap, but I have a Meprolight MP20 (M20P?) Holographic sight. ($400) It gathers Ambient light to function, and as it gets darker, it switches over to full Tritium mode. I am extremely pleased with it.

The Tritium is guaranteed to be fully functional for 10 years. I understand the Israeli Military Uses them.

They are available in a wide variety of reticles. I chose an X reticle. Fast aquisition but still a crosshair, if you have the time.

A solid well made sight. Built in rail with 2 cam levers for fast on/off.

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    I love mine it’s the best!