In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Seattle City Council Pledges to Cut Police Budget in Half

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
That's from four hundred million down to two hundred million. They want to replace the 911 system with a civilian system. That may work. They also want to fund a community created roadmap to "life without policing". Now that right there need some explaining. Are we talking about leading a crime free life like most of us or how to rob and rape, and kill without consequences? From what I can glean, Seattle, or at least parts of Seattle, have been allowed to fall into such disarray that decent folks have left or will be leaving if they can. Just another example of far left government at it's very best. But what can one expect from a city that think's it's a great idea to display a statue of Vladimir Lenin prominently on a city street???

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭
    now that would be an interesting experiment to place a statue of lenin and see what happens
  • Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    They already have the statue at North 36th Street since 1996. These folks have lover the communist party long time.
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    let em stupoid do what they want....BUT...ZERO< NADA<ZILCH> NOT ONE DIME of federal money to rebuild....NOTHING $$$$$ from out of state
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    They already have the statue at North 36th Street since 1996. These folks have lover the communist party long time.

The communist party is legal under Federal Law.Hell thousands of wealthy American Citizens have made millions of dollars investing in Red China plus the U.S government gave away Military Technology to The CCP all through the 1990's so No reason to be surprised with This happening. Just recently that China fell out of favor after The 5-G debate and Wuhan cov -19 virus.
               Now police are  being defunded and all our veterans that fought and died to stop communism has been in vain because of the national debt and The NWO shadow government that is going to fill the void in January 2021.

The reason The draft was suspended is because of the government of losing the Vietnam War. They then turn to China and Vietnam for investments purposes, WE HAVE BEEN SOLD OUT! Believe it or not. All that  AMERICAN blood spent during The Korean  and Vietnam War was not for political reasons it was for money and investments for  the oligarchy of The Illuminati.
                                                                                          serf
      War Is a Racket is a speech and a 1935 short book, by Smedley D. Butler, a retired United States Marine Corps Major General and two-time Medal of Honor recipient.

It can be smashed effectively only by taking the profit out of war. The only way to smash this racket is to conscript capital and industry and labour before the nation's manhood can be conscripted. […] Let the officers and the directors and the high-powered executives of our armament factories and our steel companies and our munitions makers and our ship-builders and our airplane builders and the manufacturers of all other things that provide profit in war time as well as the bankers and the speculators, be conscripted — to get $30 a month, the same wage as the lads in the trenches get.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    When half of the businesses and the few conservative residents move out they won't be able to afford even that budget. Bob
  • Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭
    I would support moving police departments back a few decades to what they used to be. The militarization of police has been a huge mistake. Every incident, no matter how minor, is an excuse to call out the SWAT team fully equipped with their full auto weapons, armor, helmets,etc. Cops should look like cops and act like cops.
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    This state has been circling the drain for quite a while. Even eastern Washington is little better. Governor Moron, his idiot AG, and the rest of the brain dead in Olympia have essentially ruined this state. It would serve them right if Boeing were to pull up stakes and move all production facilities elsewhere. With any luck I'll be out of here before the fall. 
  • Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭
    But where are you going to go that isn't just as bad, or soon will be? When I left the east and moved to Colorado I thought it was safe. Now Colorado has become East-California, just another liberal west coast state, but it doesn't even have the ocean!!!
  • Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm heading to the deep south where, at least for the moment, they haven't totally lost their minds. At least it will be somewhat of a reprieve from the insanity compared to where I'm at. My vote is meaningless since they went to ballot initiatives which leaves the state effectively in the hands of voters in Pierce and King counties, the other 37 counties be dammed. Even the local politician's are pretty much useless. They'll pretend to listen to your concerns and babble platitudes in response during an election cycle and ignore you until the next cycle comes along.