In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New Supersonic Jet Coming?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

It's going to be awhile before they get this in production.
                                  serf

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    Sky King would have liked one of these......send Penny to town for groceries and get back before she left the ranch
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    The Brits and French did this already:

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like they had a lot of issues with the early ones...the Russians had a similar design...that one did not turn out well either...
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    The designers solved the problems with one exception, the cost of operation. Not enough well monied folks wanted to spend that kind of money just to go to the UK or France... or back to NYC.
    Best.

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    With The liberals crying about global warming and having telepresence in your own image in 3-d coming soon then I doubt it it's even ever going to get launch properly beyond a prototype model. Too many factors against it.This link below is Government agency (NASA) with  strong military connections so it's going to be inscribe in stone very soon in the economy. Bet on it. Believe it or not! The virus was just the beginning of the bottle neck that is coming. It's never going to be the same as it was.
                                                          serf
    https://www.carbonbrief.org/in-depth-qa-ipccs-special-report-on-climate-change-at-one-point-five-c
    The people that have been most affected live in low- and middle-income countries, the report says, some of whom have already seen a “decline in food security, linked in turn to rising migration and poverty”. Small islands, megacities, coastal regions and high mountain ranges are also among the most affected, the report adds.
  • Options
    gruntled2gruntled2 Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    I saw one once at the Miami airport when I went on a cruise sometime around 1986. I was surprised at how small it looked.
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭
    If they could fly supersonic and somehow not have the noise of the sonic booms it might be practical. As it is now it can only go supersonic over places with no population, meaning  the ocean. No transcontinental flights like NY - LA so the usage is limited. Bob
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    The wife and I had always planned to take the Concorde / QE II NYC to London round trip.
    Seems a small part from a Continental DC-10 got in the way.  
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele