In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Listed items not showing up in search - new to gun broker...

twothreefivetwothreefive Member Posts: 18
I just started selling on Gun Broker and I noticed that my listings are not showing up on search.    My current listing # 873903766 is for a case of 12 gauge shotgun shells.  When I created the listing, I made sure and selected the shotgun shell category then the 12 gauge option.  When I try to search for my item using the shotgun shell - 12 guage - ending soonest, my listing does not show up.  The only way I can see my listing in search is my searching for the brand - Fiocchi.  Am I doing something wrong.  I am new to gun broker but have sold on ebay for a long time and never had this issue there.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    I just did a search using Fiocchi 2 3/4 12 gauge and found it easily (second listing):
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited July 2020
    It shows up for me just looking at 12 ga ammo. You just have to go past 2 whole pages of featured listings.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    We're not supposed to be involved in auction support issues in these forums, but you seem like a nice fellow and you are polite- guys who come in with attitudes are run out fast. Are you doing your search with a laptop or desktop? or are you using a "mobile device" AKA a phone?  There are endless auction issues involving phones.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    We're not supposed to be involved in auction support issues in these forums, but you seem like a nice fellow and you are polite- guys who come in with attitudes are run out fast. Are you doing your search with a laptop or desktop? or are you using a "mobile device" AKA a phone?  There are endless auction issues involving phones.

Mark, I'm sure the issue is the featured listings. There are almost two whole pages of featured listing 12 ga ammo. At the moment, his listing is atop page 3 because there are that many ahead of his in the time order, once you get past the time ordered featured listings.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses - here are some screenshots to show were my listing is not showing up.  This is the search process I usually use to find items to purchase.
    1.  select shotgun shells
  • Options
    2. Select 12 gauge:

• Options
    3.  Select ending soonest - it is here where my listing is missing.
  • Options
    2. Select 12 gauge:

Step 3, scroll past all those listings with the blue star in the corner.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options

Mark, I'm sure the issue is the featured listings. There are almost two whole pages of featured listing 12 ga ammo. At the moment, his listing is atop page 3 because there are that many ahead of his in the time order, once you get past the time ordered featured listings.
    Thanks.  I thought this might be it but was not sure.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Everyone's search method is different, but yours is one I never use. I always begin in Browse Categories, which is how I found your listing.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Thanks again everyone.  So basically all the "featured listings" are put ahead of the standard listings.  Featured listings are posted in order first then the non-featured by my search method.
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone.  So basically all the "featured listings" are put ahead of the standard listings.  Featured listings are posted in order first then the non-featured by my search method.

yes, and I would imagine if you want yours among those, you can pay the extra fee to get that blue star (white star in a blue field... whatever).
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,016 ******
    Welcome aboard, twothreefive
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    There was a day long long ago I could type in 37 Winchester, one shot, and get all the 37 Winchesters and any related parts without all the other garbage. Easy peasy It ain't going to happen now. 
This discussion has been closed.