In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

best 9mm glock or sig

combatinccombatinc Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
Anyone own or shoot the Glock 19x or 45 and compared to the Sig 320 M18 model if so thoughts on both of them ??

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    I own both and my major complaint is that the Glock 19 is very difficult to run suppressed, while the 320 takes to a can so easily that the pistol seems made for a suppressor.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Owning several Sigs, to me it is a no brainer, Sig is as tough as they come.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,013 ******
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't have a 320 but every other Sig I own run flawlessly. My brother has a 320 and I don't think he has ever had a malfunction.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

Makalia has the SIG 938 Nightmare in triple black special edition from Davidson's as here primary CCW / EDC option and I have the SIG P210 Neuhausen am Rheinfall that I primarily use for target shooting or in 3 gun match shooting (both guns in 9 mm)

Mine is a Swiss military police variant and comes with the bits of kit to allow  9×19mm Parabellum and 7.65×21mm Parabellum

Both are top quality guns - and you can argue that the 210 series and it's developmental predecessors are perhaps the penultimate 9mm combat pistols ever made combined with Olympic match grade capabilities...

Mike

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

There really are a few conversation points here.

For the Glock 19x vs. 45- in my mind the 45 wins- The deal breaker for me with the 19x is the weird lip at the front of the magwell - which prevents it from taking gen5 Glock mags. Its the only glock of this size frame with that issue, any other 17/19/34 from any gen can interchange mags.

Next the 19x is not an MOS gun from the factory, the G45 MOS & Sig M18 are both optics ready.

Last issue with the 19x is it doesn’t have front serrations where the 45 does. Its a personal preference, but I have found running a gun hard I must have them.

So between those two choices, in my opinion the 45 is a better pistol.

I have not ran one really hard but the G45 seems to be a fast “pointing” gun that transitions quickly.

The Sig has better sights than the Glock.

Eventually there will be a zillion of them on the market and the aftermarket will catch up.

The major functional difference is the Sig has a manual safety.

The sig has better factory sights, not only are they better but they are factory night sights- you pay extra for that with Glock.

Ammo capacity is basically a wash, both pistols being 17 +1.

Sig has 21 round sticks available, while Glock has 24 & 33rd mags.

I believe I’ve heard The subcompact Sig frame can’t hold the full size mags- probably worth verifying (I think it takes Sig 250 mags not 320 mags). For me that would be a shortfall.

There are dozens of PCC platforms that accept the standard Glock mag, but the Sig MPX most certainly does not accept 320 mags.

For me, the Glock 45 wins based on interchangeability, accessories, and the fact that it does not have a manual safety. The manual safety on a striker fired gun is a major detractor for me.

Your milage may vary.

Whatever you decide let us know!

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    Well Glocks don't fire if you don't pull the trigger.SIG triggers have problems going off if dropped or even getting into a car.
                                                                        serf
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭

The P210 does not go off when dropped and neither did it's predecessor - having utilized a modified Franz Joseph nickel design first used on the Mauser 1910 and 1914 and the working prototypes leading up to the CZ27...

What you describe for the above referenced pistols is mechanically impossible - I won't comment about more modern pistol designs.

Mike

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

The P210 does not go off when dropped and neither did it's predecessor - having utilized a modified Franz Joseph nickel design first used on the Mauser 1910 and 1914 and the working prototypes leading up to the CZ27...

What you describe for the above referenced pistols is mechanically impossible - I won't comment about more modern pistol designs.

Mike

I did not to mean to imply all Sigs were bad just that 320 line. I have a 229 Sig it's a great pistol.
                                                                                    serf

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    You guys really piss me off!  I have 2 Glocks, a older 21 in .45ACP for my home defense gun and the recently purchased G-34 Gen 5 Competition in 9MM.  With the praises of the SIG you have all given I now am forced to go buy one.  I hope you are proud of yourselves costing an older man trying to retire yet more money.   ;)  
  • Options
    edited July 2020
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    Extremely familiar with both, but I do like the manual safety. The 320 was selected by the US armed forces because it beat out all competition including Glock, I own one and shoot it.
    I Like both but if a choice between the two, SIG is my choice.
  • Options

To clarify-

Glock did not win that competition because Sig undercut their bid by 100 million dollars.

Unless you know something the GAO doesn’t.

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I own both and my major complaint is that the Glock 19 is very difficult to run suppressed, while the 320 takes to a can so easily that the pistol seems made for a suppressor.

Mark,
    Can you explain the issues with suppressing Glocks?

I have 2 in ATF jail (waiting on stamps)
    Gemtech Lunar 9 (9mm) 
    Dead Air Nomad-L (30 Cal)- to be used with my AR15's and 308 rifles

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    I wish that I could explain it, but I can't find the answer. I've tried different springs and bullet weights, but I still can't get through a full magazine without a malfunction. I thought that it might be my particular pistol, but my friend Ron owns a Glock 19 and after switching out the barrels, his pistol doesn't perform any better. The Glock 17 (full size) might be a better platform, but I don't own one. 
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭
    I wish that I could explain it, but I can't find the answer. I've tried different springs and bullet weights, but I still can't get through a full magazine without a malfunction. I thought that it might be my particular pistol, but my friend Ron owns a Glock 19 and after switching out the barrels, his pistol doesn't perform any better. The Glock 17 (full size) might be a better platform, but I don't own one. 
    What threaded barrel are you running in your G19?  I've been doing quite a bit of research on this in anticipation of someday getting a suppressor to go on a 19 and from what I've read the Lone Wolf barrels can cause issues even if the gun runs fine with no suppressor.  
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Silencerco, which is supposed to be one of the better brands:

My Glock 19 is a registered Short Barreled Rifle and normally sits inside of a MicoRoni. Because the shell of the Roni does not allow enough internal clearance for suppressor height sights, when I remove the pistol I use a dedicated slide with silencer height sights (Ameriglo) when I need to run suppressed. 

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭✭
    I would feel well armed with either in my hand.  I have a couple of Sigs and a couple of Glocks.  Both go bang every time I pull the trigger, neither has ever jammed or had any other type of malfunction.  I will concede my Sigs feel a little better in my hand but reread my first sentence. 
  • Options
    Silencerco, which is supposed to be one of the better brands:

My Glock 19 is a registered Short Barreled Rifle and normally sits inside of a MicoRoni. Because the shell of the Roni does not allow enough internal clearance for suppressor height sights, when I remove the pistol I use a dedicated slide with silencer height sights (Ameriglo) when I need to run suppressed. 

Thanks Mark, I also bought a couple Silencerco barrels. Will see what happens.
    May have to pick up a Sig 320 / M18.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    With a suppressor installed, the P320 ran like a clock right out of the box. Keep in mind that the 320 uses metric 13.5X1 left hand threads, so you'll need a second piston for your Gemtech Lunar 9.  My ACC TiRant came with both 1/2X28 and 13.5X 1 pistons, and I purchased a 1/2X36 piston for use on 9mm carbines. I have two Gemtechs- one in .223 and another in .45, and I like them. I'm considering getting a Lunar 9. Being a dealer, I can get a Form 3 approval in 72 hours (or less) and only have to wait for delivery. Typically under 10 days total.
  • Options
    I bought a threaded Lone Wolf barrel for to use in my FN Hi Powers. Tried it out in one of them - nothing but failures to feed.
    Not ready to blame it on the barrel yet as I think I got a bad batch of PMC 115gr. They seem low powered as I'm having failures in other guns with this ammo.