In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shout out to Rock Auto and Fedex

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,667 ******
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
I ordered some car parts late last Thursday evening. I got them today around 11 am. Standard shipping rate.
I ordered a fan from Supply House at the same time and it’s still in UPS hands in Illinois.

Comments

• Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭
    New parts. They just supply the platform (website) and third parties house and ship the parts.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
     my sons and I have used rock auto for several + years . I like the ability too  choose between brands and price on most all items     and less expensive than the local parts places . shipping is most always fast , my garage door must have 30 to 40 of the little magnet business cards  I guess they could be called with different customers cars and trucks on them
            lately have been ordering parts off amazon some times better prices and free shipping for the same parts brands on Rock auto .
         If I need a part for something I have taken apart and need it right now I will go into town and go to a parts store 
     the funny part most of the time for parts I need the counter salesperson  will say well we can order it  :/  I just reply  thanks I can do that also .
           I remember many years ago  the local car parts store we had three , two that were also machine shops to get your parts machined  or just parts oh not counting the  western auto , who also  carried car parts , LOL 
     the counter guys at the old store's  had  several of the huge foot thick parts books on the counter that took up several feet of the counter  but most common parts they knew from memory and most all had some mechanical knowledge  a far cry from today .
  • Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    Rock auto is great but;
    What out if you are ordering more than one item or several items for the notification icon about shipping.
    If the items are shipped from different places you can be (will be) charged for multiple shipping charges.

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    How ever they do it they're fast. I've never ordered anything that didn't get delivered in less than a week. 
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    My roll away tool chest is slowly being covered with those Rock Auto magnetic business cards. 
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    If I need it today I go to my local shop.  If it can wait till the weekend,  Rock Auto.  Bulbs, filters (maybe) etc,  amazon.  I also have a pile of their magnets on my shop cabinets.