In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Doghouse eggs

susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

One of my egg laying dogs....lol.

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    She may peck the heck out of you when you go to take the eggs.  I have one hen that lays green eggs that is a real violent mean pecker.  She will hammer you good drawing blood if you disturb her on the nest.  I have to put the egg carton in front of the chicken to see if she is the one.  Her twin sister is as calm as can be, I just reach under her and get the eggs.  She coo's a bit but never pecks me when gathering the eggs every day.  The pecking one has to be grabbed by the neck and carried out of the coop to get her brooding eggs.
    Raising Chickens is FUN, they give me great joy and breakfast every morning for the past 17 years.... Easy to raise, easy to care for and return you good food.  Life is good!
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,667 ******
    “Can’t a gal get a little privacy?”
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭

Grandma's mean chickens had one chance before being served up fried.

What's next?
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Warm up the electric skillet, along with some cream of chicken soup and some good vegetables should take care of that problem...
  • Options

I have a perfectly good coop with six nesting boxes. Do they use it, nooo. They line up for their turn in the doghouse.

• Options

That is so funny!!'

What's next?
  • Options

I have some of the most bass ackward animals around here. Chickens laying in the doghouse, dog sleeps on the deck sofa, cat is afraid of mice, rabbits roaming the yard and apparently a couple of wild ducks that finished their northern trek in Southern Missouri. Not to mention my neighbors who raid my fridge when I'm out of town.

• Options

Wife and I are having some great laughs about this thread, Susie. Thanks! 😁

What's next?