In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

2nd Total Knee Replacement

grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
Got the left side done in Feb. Scheduled for right side tomorrow, check in at hospital at 9AM. Then it is back to rehab for about 6 weeks, I hope.

Comments

• Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    You are braver than me.  My real knee will have to become some kind of terrible before I go through that again.

Good luck.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,383 ***** Forums Admin
    Hope all goes well with your operation. 
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭

Am currently rehab from the same , surgery , surgery was 7/15 some complications ie infection has put me about a week behind the curve in the rehab process . Interesting process relearning to walk . Been walking with a cane and shuffling feet for so long I almost forgot how to really walk with that leg . Can’t imagine the guts it takes to have both done at the same time

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I was pretty much healed on the left side, but bone on bone on right side. Pain will force you to do some serious things. Dr. told me he didn't want to inject steroids again because I could damage it further, and the best alternative was surgery. Had it done on Thursday, came home Friday, suffered Sat. and Sun. Went to rehab today and have 12 sessions scheduled to get me walking again. Thanks for all the good thoughts and well wishes, but I simply had no choice! Nothing $75-80K won't solve.   :s
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭

Started attending outpatient pt today . Will be going twice a week for the next month and a half

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    Man, I feel for you.
    Try rubbing it with alcohol (from the inside).
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there and do the physical therapy.  It hurts.
    After three weeks in physical therapy, I went to downtown Asheville for my next session.  My physical therapist greeted me at the door.
    And I said to her, "If you are here now, who is guarding the Gates of Hell?"

She got a chuckle out of that.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    I feel for you too......had a "simple" hip replacement in Dec. and I am still not right.
  • Options
    mohawk600 said:
    I feel for you too......had a "simple" hip replacement in Dec. and I am still not right.
    No such thing as a "simple" joint replacement! Watch a couple of them on Youtube if you don't believe me!  Good luck to you!!
  • Options

Now to get finished with physical therapy. Never had purty legs anyway, so what's a couple of 10 inch scars? I told my surgeon that I was really glad I didn't have 3 of the damn things!
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    They say knees are worse than hips. I don't want any knee trouble. I had my left hip replaced six years ago. After six months on a walker I still couldn't put any weight on it, so they did it again. I can walk now, kind of like a duck. On June 23rd I had a total reverse shoulder replacement on my left shoulder. I have three more therapy appointments and then I'll be like a new man. The last bill I saw was over $130,000.00. I figure they'll have to get the metal salvage from the crematorium to offset that bill.  >:)

I got knocked down by a little ten year old girl and broke my hip.

I fell off the bottom step of a step ladder and wrecked my left rotary cuff.

I'm starting to think I may be fragile.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    grdad45 said:
    mohawk600 said:
    No such thing as a "simple" joint replacement! Watch a couple of them on Youtube if you don't believe me!  Good luck to you!!
    Believe me......I watched several Youtube videos........I also completed my first semester of Radiology Technology prior to the surgery. I had to drop out because I experienced "foot drop" after the surgery. Since my ankle and foot were basically paralyzed, I had to drop out of school because I could no longer physically meet the requirements of patient care during clinicals as I was wearing a brace and walking with a cane. After 8 months, I can walk normally now, but I still have weakness and nerve (sensory) issues with my ankle and foot. Supposed to rejoin the Radiology program in January.
  • Options
    wundudnee said:
    They say knees are worse than hips. I don't want any knee trouble. I had my left hip replaced six years ago. After six months on a walker I still couldn't put any weight on it, so they did it again. I can walk now, kind of like a duck. On June 23rd I had a total reverse shoulder replacement on my left shoulder. I have three more therapy appointments and then I'll be like a new man. The last bill I saw was over $130,000.00. I figure they'll have to get the metal salvage from the crematorium to offset that bill.  >:)

I got knocked down by a little ten year old girl and broke my hip.

I fell off the bottom step of a step ladder and wrecked my left rotary cuff.

I'm starting to think I may be fragile.
    Dang................6 months with a walker? I was in a VA rehab facility for a month after mine and graduated to a four point cane when I went home................I have a friend who does AC work..........he had a hip replacement and was back at work after a week. I thought it would be easy peasy for me too.
  • Options
    I have also heard that knees are worse than hips.
  • Options
    mohawk600 said:
    I have also heard that knees are worse than hips.
    That's what I understand, too. I have a friend who was riding his horse 2 months after hip replacement. I don't want to ride my ATV yet.