In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The weather service in NC

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
Around the Raleigh-Durham area they are going nutz.  According to them we will be lucky to be alive by Wed.

Talk about people are idiots these weather forecaster's are nothing but doom and gloom.  They have called it wrong for so long when we have bad weather no one is going to pay attention.

RLTW

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm very afraid and I only have green tip!!!!!
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    This one is a cupcake, not even any lane reversals or evacuation orders. Next one who knows but evacuation is going to be a Beech with Corona games to go along with it. Hoping they are wrong about the intensity of the season.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭
    Does that mean when they order an evacuation from the oceanfront, cars have to stay 6 lengths apart, and wear a mask?
  • Options
    chme said:
    Does that mean when they order an evacuation from the oceanfront, cars have to stay 6 lengths apart, and wear a mask?

They have already ordered some evacuations on the coast and the outer banks.
    RLTW

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    evacuation is only for 6 lane highways.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    They call it a forecast...
    or a prediction.

I call it a guess.    A guess they are paid top-dollar to make.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    Well I lived through tropical storm whatever its called.  Got some rain and little wind, heck we didn't even loose power.  In other words a big nothing.

I didn't even run out and buy milk and bread............................but I do have some green tip ammo ;)
    RLTW

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

It freakin' poured here for hours yesterday. Lost power.

Heard my new install chimney work/cap leaking/dripping (ping, ping, ping) onto the interior heat shield on my new $3K woodstove. (Great) ($2K for the chimney work, SS liner and Cap work and install/labor.)

Called and set up an appointment for them to come back out and do a better job sealing the cap.

I do have a fair amount of Green Tip on hand though. Not that it's good for anything. 😉

• Options
    Oh it rained here too Ken but it wasn't armeggedon like the weather whiners were predicting.  I talked to Ricci yesterday and said he was ready, he had water and green tip ammo.

I did fill up my trucks gas tank.
    RLTW

• Options

Another weird thing I noticed beyond the grocery store thinning out again, is that my closest local gas station has been out of regular for almost a week. Still have Premium. Put $5 in the car. Which was on fumes.

Shoot, that Green Tip stuff probably wouldn't even blow up Ricci's water jugs/bottles. What's he got that stuff for? Squirrels?

• Options
    Just watching the news and there is water in the street in Mantoe NC.  Mantoe is right next to the outer banks, across the bridge from Nags Head. 

Now the water is in large puddles and is moving with the wind, they are calling it flooding. 

The news cannot report on what is really going on all they can do is go from crisis to crisis and scare the heck out of all the weak and worthless people in this country(which is a lot of them).
    RLTW

• Options

I remember a famous "News/Weather broadcast," from up in the N NJ area years ago. The "reporter" was in a canoe being battered by the wind, barely able to hang on - when two people walked through the 6" of water behind her unaided and unhinhibited by the "severe wind."

She looked like an Idiot.

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck.....fine here in TX
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭

They have to overhype the thing . Keeps the sheeple anxious and stimulating the local economy

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....