In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Storm is a Hurricane

allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
at 10:35.   85 mph

HURRICANE ISAIAS

Last Updated:
Aug 4, 2020, 1:00:00 AM GMT
Movement:
NNE
Wind:
85 mph
Pressure:
988 mb

Comments

• Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    skirted by us yesterday, we have had many summer storms way more powerful than Asaias, our winds were 35-50 mph and nearly no rain and we are only three miles from the beach (near Palm Coast, fl).
    We prepare for every one like it was a cat five however.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Went to the East of me so we were on the bad side of the eye but it was no big deal.  We got a good bit of rain and some wind.  Never lost power(which is very unusual).

I went out to check for damage and I had 2 tomato cadges tipped over with damage to the plant and maybe 10 corn plants leaning over.

That is it.
    RLTW

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

No damage here other than a few small limbs off of a few trees . Glad to have dodged the bullet on this one . Kind of weird when the eye passes over . Never lost power .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I talked to Ricci he said power was out all around in Wilmington and Burgaw,  He had to drive about 35 miles to get a cup of joe.
    RLTW

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,242 ✭✭✭✭
    I posted the OP because I was surprised.  I was just about to go to bed at 10:30 and I checked up on the storm.   Knowing how the weather guys hype this storm I figured it would hit land at 70 mph.  I was surprised that, at the last minute it jumped up to be a Cat 1.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    A little off topic, but who ever is naming hurricanes must be using a random letter generator.

Did a little checking, and it is apparently real name that means 'God is my Salvation' and is a Latin/Spanish evolution of the name Isaiah, of Old Testament fame.

Interesting choice by the WMO.  

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele