In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Storm got us

SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭

Heavy winds yesterday from the tropical storm. Power has been out about 12 hours now. My whole house generator had been running the whole time. Have lights, AC, well pump, fridge and freezer doing okay.

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,665 ******
  • Options

Luckily not to my house. Lots of trees down. Saw one down on a car down the street. They are saying maybe a couple of days before all power is restored.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Generator paying for itself I would guess right now. Good luck.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    I love my whole house Generator.  It has paid for itself many times over.
    RLTW

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    The last time we had storms come through we were without power for a week, but we had the generator.....so things were ok.   The frustrating part was later, when they got the power going the guys from AT&T came and "fixed" their lines and it was chaos for over a month.    We had phones and internet UNTIL they came to fix everything.   I hope you guys get through this little hiccup with as little stress as possible.    
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I hope you all are able to get along well for as long as this takes to fix.....Make me think it is time to rethink my generator situation and upgrade....
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
     Remember those  standby generators are for just what has happened. A few weeks of performance at constant use. Not for long term use. If the engine spins faster than 1800 rpm it will not stand the test of time with constant use.
                                                           serf
  • Options

We still don’t have internet waiting for Spectrum.

My generator ran 24/7 for 8 days straight in 2010 after an October snow storm took out 99% of the lines in town.

Maybe it will crap out when the Apocalypse comes.

• Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    Big mess in NJ.  MAJOR power outages. 
    Power out here 24 hrs. Could have been worse- Generator started first pull.  Tree missed pool, house, neighbors house and shed. Lost some fence.  
    Boys came by and the tree is beach firewood already. Blessed to have great sons!!
    Power still out in many places. 
    The drive thru's have lines out on the highways here because so many are w/o power .