In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ATN products have been a dismal failure

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
After HOURS on the phone, being disconnected a dozen times I may just give up!  A $750.00 scope from them bused on the eighth shot on a Ruger American .308.  The entire front AO busted off and landed on my shooting bench.  It was going out of focus after the second shot.  I aligned the bases with a Wheeler alignment tool.  The scope fell apart!  It busted on its own without any fault from me.  The Aluminum parts holding the AO on the scope busted clean off!!!!
I contacted Will at ATN, got the information he requested back to him within 45 minutes. He was supposed to send me a return tag for FEDEX with a PROMISED replacement scope to follow as soon as they had confirmation it the returned hunk of junk was shipped.  I have never gotten the return tag. 
I bought the the scope on 7/22/2020 used it for 8 rounds on 7/26/2020.  It fell apart that day, busted parts were picked up and put into a zip lock bag.  All packing was saved, the parts put in the same bags they came in.  How would you like a $750.00 scope to fall apart on your shooting bench after 8 rounds???
I have called and called ATN for the past several days.  Got hung up on several times getting to three people and a VM that promised to help and at this time NOTHING has been done to help me.
This is what I am going to do.  I am taking the scope back to the store I got it from tomorrow with my name and address included on the outside of the box.  I am giving it to them and telling them to use it for a paperweight on their desk.  I will them walk away from $750.00 and learn the lesson.

This is the second ATN scope I purchased that was utter JUNK and BY GOD ABOVE THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER ONE!!!!
I can eat the $750.00 with a bitter pill of dissatisfaction, disgust and bitterness. 
If you buy an ATN product I hope God above blesses you because I have lost over $1,000 is useless unsupported junk from this useless company.  I should have known it would be as it is because they are located in California.  I deserve the shafts I got dealing with a bunch of lying scumbags.

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭
    hate to hear that bruce and hate it more the company can get away with that kind of customer service, maybe the store you bought it at can/would send it back or have better luck returning it in their name if they won't exchange it for you.  you could make a u-tube video of parts and pieces on the bench, maybe that would get their attention if you get enough other folks to raise hell too.........
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭✭
    Just in case "somebody" wants to send them an email about . . . . whatever might interest them.

Perhaps a link to this thread?  ;)

info@atncorp.com

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭
    You-tube review it and send the company a link of your review.   That will (more than likely) get their attention. 
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭

Go nuclear.

mail the POS to this guy.

• Options
    Here is the issue with You tube exposure.  To do it right I need to video my bench, the scope base alignment tools ($$$)  The shooting bench and targets ($$$).  The video would require about ten minutes or so to get it accurate, concise and to the point.  I have the empty 8 casings used before it fell apart set aside, but that could be faked, IT IS NOT.  It would also require phone records of calls, easily gotten with the HOURS wasted on "ignore" listening to the same crap about downloading firmware and hard resets of their products, then being hung up on.  
    Why should a product have a repeating voice telling you the same crap ad nauseam for ten minutes on ignore to the caller if it worked to begin with?????  Why not have the engineers fix the damm thing so it works out of the box?
    Anyway, I digress, my DSL from Frontier Communications has an  upload speed of about 150-275 KBS.  It would take HOURS if not days to upload any worthy video and stay accurate to the issue.
    As you can tell, I am mega-frustrated and not real happy I pissed away $750 bucks for a product the Company will not acknowledge is a hunk of junk and offers ZERO help to resolve.  Tomorrow I wash my hands of it, walk away from it with the nightmare of TRYING to get any service from ATN a distant memory, never to be forgotten. 
    If it worked three months then fell apart, well okay, crap happens.  But, this is a $750.00 piece of junk from the get-go.  Being made in China should have clued me in but ATN Corp. and their supposed customer support is nothing but a bunch of California scumbag rip off artists in my book.
    If you buy ATN, I wish you the best but please remember I got the big hot shaft from them right in the keester, with no lube.

• Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,793 ✭✭✭✭
    Please don't just walk away!  I understand why you would want to but if everybody just walks away they can just keep screwing people.

Just a thought, probably like most of my thoughts, not a good one but perhaps you can take my idea and elaborate on it.  Could you mail it back to the factory with a signature required so you have proof they received it, than contact the U.S. post office asking questions about why it wasn't returned to you??  I'm not sure how you would do it but I have heard that business's really don't like postal inspectors asking questions.  Don't know if that is true or not.  

Hope you can make them refund your money.  Failing that an exchange, but the same scope would make me not trust the rifle it was on as I would be concerned of a repeat performance.
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭
    If you walk away, THEIR problem disappears - along with your $750. Do not let that happen.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Rocky Rabb and dreher, that may be a route to try.  I have to cool down a bit from my hot anger today, after being lied to by several ATN employees for over a week but sending the piece of junk to the corporate office, registered mail, not return receipt requested may be an option.   I am sure it would cost a small fortune to send it that way but by God above I HATE being ripped off by a BS company with slick Willie advertising and youtube exposure giving them a pass for selling products that fail on day one and never having the decency to even respond to the customer.

I feel like an utter fool after giving them a second chance with so much real money invested.  Lo and behold, I got burned yet again.  Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me....
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,793 ✭✭✭✭
    If it makes you feel any better I guarantee that if we decide to have a biggest Fool contest I will beat you.  Now if you are really dumber than a box of rocks maybe you could give a little competition for the Fool award but I doubt it!!        :D
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    bpost, do not give up. Go after the CEO. That failing go to BBB or small claims court. Too much $ to eat their junk. Years ago muffler blew up on my new 1500 Chevy with 11,000 miles on it and by time I got it to dealer it went over 12,000 miles and they refused to fix it n/c. Got name, address, from Matching gift program at West Point of VP in charge of sales at Tarrytown Truck Div. Wrote him a letter and told him I would park truck on dealers lot and pull plates off and buy a Ram Tough truck. Three days later he called me on phone, told me to take truck in to be fixed n/c. and followed up with phone call.
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭

"Own The Night"

• Options
    After venting my spleen here trying to cool off my white hot anger at least one employee of ATN got with the program.  I received the RMA and FEDEX tag by email this morning.  Now we will see how long it takes to receive the replacement scope.  I ain't gonna hold my breath.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭
    one thing I have learned is to ask for a name, went through this with my pension, wrote down everyone I talked to and when, time, day, then when I called back I had a name to say so and so told me this on this day, if they wouldn't give me a name I asked for supervisor and did the same with them, don't know if it helped but once I started this it wasn't much more than a month before I finally got things straightened out and I had been argueing with them for almost 5 months before......  hope things work out for you bruce
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    If you paid with a credit card you may have some leverage your unaware of. 

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    Junk may have the best idea.  I think that most banks that issue credit cards will charge back a defective purchase to the merchant within 30 days.   (If you didn't use a credit card, most states have a lemon law that requires a warranty of merchantability by all merchants.)  Your dealer has more leverage than you do, plus he can spread the word more easily.
    If you use the RMA to get a repair/replacement, you will stretch this out beyond the 30 day limitation in most states & it would just be another dissatisfied customer case to ATN.
    Neal
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    If you have ever used real Gen 3 NV and looked through cutting edge military NV you will know ATN stuff is pretty much garbage.

If I was going to set up a rifle to shoot varmints at night I think I would go with thermal sights or an IR laser on the gun and a good set of NVG's like PVS 14's.
    RLTW

• Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    I have a long list of companies that have a very poor CS relations dept and once anyone gets on my list they NEVER EVER get removed.
    I also have a list of companies that have good Customer Service relations and  good warranty policies and that is the ones that I recommend and use their products. Sometimes I have to pay little bit more for their products but it's worth such so as to keep the bad taste out of my mouth.
    Hope you have learned your lesson. Hindsight is always 20/20.
    Your experience will make you more cautious in the future. Now days I'm really paranoid about reviewing and re-searching things BEFORE I commit to a purchase.
    Been there, done that.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭
    bpost said:
    After venting my spleen here trying to cool off my white hot anger at least one employee of ATN got with the program.  I received the RMA and FEDEX tag by email this morning.  Now we will see how long it takes to receive the replacement scope.  I ain't gonna hold my breath.
     You will find this hard to believe but you will have another "junk" scope in two weeks.  I did...so yea, not a big fan of them.
  • Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭
    And  when you  get a sScope back it  will may even be a  refurbished  one.  That's  what   Nikon  did to  me.
     Get it  and  turn around and sell it  immediately.    Recoup your $$
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭✭
    hoosier said:
    And  when you  get a sScope back it  will may even be a  refurbished  one.  That's  what   Nikon  did to  me.
     Get it  and  turn around and sell it  immediately.    Recoup your $$
    A company can get rich fast with little overhead recycling things over and over again to their customers, they'd only need a handful of a new product to get the ball rolling.......customers feeling be damned, it's all about profit. If that don't qualify as a ponzi scheme I don't know what does, yet it goes on and on. 

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee