In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

OMG!! Peaches so perfect you have to eat them bent over the kitchen sink!!!

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭
2020 may be a cluster $%@# in so many ways but we are eating what just might be the best peaches we have ever eaten!!  If you don't bend over the kitchen sink you have juice everywhere!!  The sweetness and peach flavor is unlike anything I ever remember.  

To me GREAT peaches are like nectar of the Gods, wonderful beyond belief!!  So so peaches are so truly absolutely nothing special.  The last several years have been so so.  2020 is GREAT!!! 

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,662 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they were pollinated by murder hornets.  That would add a little something extra, I'd think!
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,672 ******

When will peaches be ripe in NE Tennessee?

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    I had peaches bent over the kitchen sink once but that wasn't quite the same.  :)
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like time to make some good preservers 
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    Ours are rotten before they ripen - SW Virginia
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    You are cruel -- talking about perfect peaches and many of us are in the "no-peach" zone
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******

.....I agree...hard to beat a fresh picked, really juicy fresh peach with a lot of flavor!   When I was about 12 years old, Dad decides to take us on a tour of about every state that was due north & west of Texas. The trip was about the best road trip vacation I have ever been on. 

....I remember we stopped at a roadside fruit & veggie stand somewhere in Colorado and bought, among other things, these giant softball size peaches. There was no way you could eat one without the juice dripping down your arm and off your elbow.. :o ..sooo, there was no peach eatin' in the family car :)

....Once we got back home, Mom saved a seed and planted it....and as they say "the rest is history".

....The seed actually grew into a beautiful Peach tree, producing softball size peaches, exploding with juice, just like Momma peach tree....I never thought it would grow (!)....sooo good!

....Years later, dropped in for a visit with my family....as  I walked out to where the tree was, there was NO tree (WHAT!!!?) ...there was only a neatly plowed and rowed 20' x 30' plot of ground, for a new veggie garden...seems a big thunder boomer with huge hail & high winds, destroyed this wonderful tree...dang,

I still miss those peaches.... :s

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

All my fruit trees were fully budded out, and then we got a couple nights in the 20's.

Normally I would have more peaches than I know what to do with at this time.

Not one piece of fruit on any of my trees. 😥

• Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    cbxjeff said:
    I had peaches bent over the kitchen sink once but that wasn't quite the same.  :)

:D
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭
    Bent over the kitchen sink did kind of leave the smart * gate wide open!!!       :D
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    A few? decades ago when we traveled to Oregon every summer to be fruit pickers, we were picking the "second" crop from the peach trees. (Second crop is after you pick the first crop, you leave all the ones that were too small, that second crop gets HUGH) Anyway, I reached for this one and before I even touched it, it fell into my hand. That was my sign, this one is for me. It was the size of a softball. Didn't have a kitchen sink, being up on a ladder in a tree, that was the BEST peach I have ever had. (and we had a peach tree in our front yard in Colorado) Dripping all over me and having to continue picking with peach "fuzz" sticking to me, we had to go swimming/fishing in the river after work.

Every since, I have tried choking down peaches you buy in the store, once or twice a decade. After a few bites, usually end up throwing most of it away.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭
    Every peach I see in a store is green, hard and flavorless. Store bought peaches will rot before they ever ripen.
    I do however agree that  juicy, sweet, ripe peaches come from heaven.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    Way back there was a peach song something about "Peaches for You-Peaches For Me" :D