In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

century arms C93 problems

Mikey20Mikey20 Member Posts: 2
Bought a used Century arms C93 rifle,  Will not extract/eject fire round.  Bore and chamber have been cleaned to the 10th  degree!  Using only brass cased ammo.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited August 2020
    If the HK-93 (C93) knock offs are anything like their old HK-91 knock offs the problem is likely due to excessive headspace. This can be determined by measuring the bolt gap, which, due to the continual use of out of spec bolts for their builds, usually measures out at virtually ZERO.  If not that, then it is probably the rollers. In any case, a trip to the guns smith is warranted. When he spots the Century Arms stamp, don't be shocked if he shakes his head...or falls on the floor laughing. 
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    The more things change....
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    I bought a Century FAL clone called a L1A1. It would jam up to where you had to disassemble the rifle , not knowing if a live round was in the chamber or not to make it safe after firing. Century had put a metric bolt into this inch spec rifle. I bought a surplus inch spec bolt and never had another problem with it.
  • Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    steve45 said:
    I bought a Century FAL clone called a L1A1. It would jam up to where you had to disassemble the rifle , not knowing if a live round was in the chamber or not to make it safe after firing. Century had put a metric bolt into this inch spec rifle. I bought a surplus inch spec bolt and never had another problem with it.
    Rookie mistake