In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Democrats Give free room and board to Homeless Drug addicts?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
 At luxury Hotels In New York west side no less! No wonder the rich are fleeing New York in mass!
                       serf

Among those staying at the luxury Belleclaire on Broadway and the Lucerne on West 79th Street, and the more down-market Belnord on West 87th Street, are people who are mentally ill, recovering from drug addictions, and registered sex offenders.

Ten sex offenders are staying in a single hotel — the Belleclaire, which is just one block from the playground of PS 87.

“It doesn’t feel safe anymore,” nanny Michele McDowall, 39, told The Post.

She said she was recently offered crack by a pair of homeless men as she wheeled a toddler along Riverside Park at 79th Street.

“You want to buy crack?” she said they shouted repeatedly as she hurried past, and as the frightened 2-year-old girl in the stroller put her hands over her ears and cried, “Too loud!”

The homeless men have been moved from dorm-style shelters around the city so they can be sheltered one or two to a room to better protect them from COVID-19, officials explain.

“In order to defuse that ticking time bomb, we implemented a massive emergency relocation of human beings from those congregate shelters throughout the city, more than 10,000 in about eight weeks,” Department of Homeless Services Commissioner Steven Banks said Thursday.

Comments

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    GreatGuns said:
    :o
       Another mine clown who has nothing to say. I remember what the great generation used to say back in 1930's. You can be poor but you can still be/stay clean. The Cov-19 giveaways are coming to the end but The increase in taxes are just around the corner along with inflation around 5 to 10 percent. The dollar is already losing purchase value and for savers that have put away their savings, will soon be given negative interest rates!
       It's not going to be pretty after the elections for The Democrats are going to come out raising taxes and fees on anyone who works or spends any income that consumed anything considered a luxury.
                           serf

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    Serf, you forgot to mention NY is not the only state catering to the homeless: CA, WA, OR.
    How about the thousand of inmates to include violent sex offenders paroled because over concerns they might contract the Chinese virus. All happening in BLUE states.  
  • spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
     politicians who released these criminals could have defrayed the housing costs by moving several at a time into their own homes...sure would demonstrate their honorable intent ??????
  • Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Think for a moment.  Why put the homeless under a roof with a fixed address?  So they have a fixed address.  Now hand them a mail-in ballot and remind them the democrats are the ones feeding and housing them.

That's right, they're buying votes with our money.
  • 4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Serf, you are right. Mass exodus from NYC going on now. For sale houses being snapped up in close counties north of NYC. For sale signs all but disappeared. My daughter in Cornwall, NY is moving to Delaware County to escape some of the tax bite. Her house was sold in less than a week. Wish my wife were not so bad off. Now is the time to sell and move to my house in Va.---------------------Ray
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    I heard something about one in San Francisco was cooking up meth. The house keeper ain't gonna be able to clean up that.  
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    Who released the criminals? 
    The rats. 
    Look who is with them. 
    Rats. 

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    All those inmates that got let out early I believe they were "supposed" to do what they're doing in Portland and Seattle ain't here in California. Kind a strange. Maybe they didn't get the memo from "Project Mayhem". I wonder what Chuck Palahniuk thinks about what's going on in Portland.