In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WW2 Springfield Armory bayonet

c.shimerc.shimer Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
I have a  cut down Springfield Armory bayonet my Uncle who served in both 82nd and 101st Airborne 327th and 401st glider infantry WW2 gave me when I was a kid. It is dated 1918 serial #1027422 it has no scabbard and not sharpened. I am trying to get a realistic value on it as I have nobody to leave it to.

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    CMP sold a bunch of bayonets about 10 years ago, so not a lot of demand for those intended for use on the M1 rifle.  Your bayonet is called the US M1905E1.  With the correct sheath (M3A1 or M7) I would estimate that it would bring around $100.  But, I just don't see them for sale often, so it's possible that there's an unmet demand out there.
    Neal
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I sold mine (cut down like yours) for $35 at my last gun show.  The cut-down version is legitimate, shortened at the Armoury.  That is in nice condition, better than mine was.  I also did not have the sheath.