In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Earth Quake

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
We just had a small one here in NC.
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    ricci fall out of bed??????????
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Didn't see your post. Started another one same thing. A 5.1 centered only 40 miles from me. (Sparta, NC.) Things were swaying around pretty good here. Lanterns etc. (I collect old kerosene lanterns and have a bunch hanging in the living room.) As well as other ephemera.

Power lines and trees swaying, ripples/waves in the pond. I actually thought I had 3-4 Buds on my back deck messing with me, jumping around. (Deck is on the 2nd story level, but ground access from the side.) Me and Buddy actually went to the back door expecting to see Bud's on my back deck coming to the door.

We are part of the New Madrid fault system.

• Options
    Cling2mygunsCling2myguns Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭
    Felt it in Jonesborough. Light rocking of the floor.

• Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    And there shall be wars and rumors of wars and earthquakes in diverse places. . .
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Henry O'. I am afraid you are Spot On Sir.

I am ready for what comes.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭✭

Slept thru it here , Goldsboro , but some folks reported feeling it today

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭✭
    Here in Spartanburg my wife and I slept through it.  Didn't know anything about it until we went to church.  It seems we were about the only ones who didn't feel it.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Nothing new under the sun. 5.1 is, but check the earthquake  web site and you will see we been shaking for some time. Sparta just last week shook a little and so did other areas in east TN for the last several months. Diverse= many new places, nothing new about this event.
    The Appalachian mountain range is on a major fault line to begin with. Just old and tired unlike the shakes in California.
    Maybe nature is about to move the continent back to it's original location so people can walk home.
    Shook pretty good for about 10 seconds here,