In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tracker ATV's

danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭
what do you all think of the new Tracker ATV's 4-wheelers and side-by-sides ?
I just saw them in the new Fall Edition Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas magazine

Comments

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Bravo84 looked into those awhile back.  I stopped by the local store and looked them over.  At that time the salesman told me the engines are made in Georgia.  I had some literature but don't know where it is now.  In my limited knowledge on that type of machinery they seemed to be decently made.  They also didn't seem over built, as in they are what they are which is not anvil tough so to speak.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Lost my job shortly after having become interested in them. I was looking at the base Side by Side. I would own one now if my situation had not developed the way it did. I had about $4K+ in the Bank to go purchase one. Decided it was not prudent at this particular time.

It would have sufficed for my needs.

• Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭✭
    Not high end?  Should be able to afford one on Dollar General wages.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    Probably same, as the Chinese made CF Moto's, that are being sold locally. I don't know anything specific about them. Other that a lot of the side by sides are being sold. Bases on their cosmetics, and low price. 

Weather they will stand up to rough handling out in the desert? I have my doubts. 10 years ago, Joiner sold a Chinese made side by side for awhile. They came and went pretty quickly. They just couldn't hold up to, 4 wheel driving out in the desert. Ok for a trip to the rec hall, in a retirement community. But not durable, for anything else.