In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hey Ken!!!

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
Is the truck place you used to work at in Sparta?? The reason I ask is that back around 2003 or 2004 my company sent me to Sparta, one of only two jobs I did in N.C., to install a large vacuum system in a large building. They were just getting set up and I remember them telling me they were going to build fiberglass truck bodies. Same place?? I spent a week or so in Sparta. That is a pretty place. 

Comments

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, his previous work place was in Glade Springs, VA.
    Still not too far from the epicenter as the crow flies.
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    We were married in Sparta way back in 1971.  That was one of their main businesses then. 
    My wife and I were both 18 years old.  In Virginia back then, females could marry without her parents' consent at 18 but males had to be 21.  I don't know what the law is now.  In North Carolina it was 18 and 18.
    So we took a day off from work and drove down to Sparta.  Never been there before.  Had to have a physical first and blood draw and get a talking-to by a wise old doctor.  Then off to the courthouse for the license and see the Justice of the Peace, right there in the courthouse.
    We had not taken any witnesses with us so I stepped into the sheriff's office and borrowed a couple deputies for the ceremony.

We are still together.  One of the first things we did after moving back to this part of the world was drive down to Sparta to listen to some music in the park and have lunch at that place downtown where we had our first "married" meal.

I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"